• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Your OS/2 Abandonware Wishlist

Started by Terry, 2007.09.10, 23:29:04

Previous topic - Next topic

gap

IBM Visual Age for Java Enterprise Edition.

Purchased the original version 1 for $3000.00
Later as as  Program Choice member received version 3.02

This was a Java 1.1 platform development system written fully in Small Talk with an "internal" java.
Parts of 1.3 were included but new updated as Windows and Linux were.

Replaced with WebSphere which later had parts included in Eclipse.

NONE are as good as Visual Age for Java.

I still program with Visual Age and have found ways to use it for current development.

greg

WarpWorld

Hi, this is my newest more realistic abandonware list to find, I just try (just  ::)  :D) as New Year gift  ;D :

Xerox Rooms for X
Tbilisoft SoftPatience (that's old logical DOS game from '89/'90)
Linux XP 2005
Star Division StarWriter for OS/2 (GUI windowed version like older MS Word for Windows)
BluePoint Linux

You can request from me via PM my abandonware list offer

WarpWorld

Norton Commander 1.0 for OS/2

Fahrvenugen

While it was already released as a binary for free, I'd love it if the source code to Innoval's Post Road Mailer were released.

miturbide

I recently contacted the people of CadWare about open sourcing BlueCad for OS/2.

They told me that there is not interest on open source it, not even changing its brand name. (Reply by Alberto Barbadoro).

But he told me that BlueCad 1.0 for OS/2 is available for free download on their site (Italian) with a free online registration:
http://www.bluecad.eu/dnnsite/it-it/download/prodottigratuiti.aspx

I just checked and it is available for download version 1.008 with an extra 1.010 patch in English, German and Italian.

Sorry if it is old news, but at least BlueCAD is freeware.
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

abwillis

Quote from: Fahrvenugen on 2012.07.31, 21:50:57
While it was already released as a binary for free, I'd love it if the source code to Innoval's Post Road Mailer were released.
If you can find the parties involved it may be possible... Apparently the source code was offered but noone was interested, by the time I had found out about it years later I wasn't able to track anyone down, though I admit I was not as persistent as I could have been.