• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

AVxCAT (formerly FFMPEGCA) version 1.2.0

Started by CDRWSel, 2011.03.04, 04:24:53

Previous topic - Next topic

abwillis

Just gave a presentation yesterday at Warpstock on AVxCAT... quite a few were unaware of it but very interested in it and expressed appreciation for it.

Andi

Quote from: CDRWSel on 2011.10.17, 00:52:43
Please, use the email contact included into avxcat.
Describe all step you did and what kind of drives are above O: ?
Thanks and best regards

I often work with drives on T: or V:
Remy   
Ok, so this is not a known issue then. P, Q, R, S, T, U, V are all regular JFS drives. I've tried different drives from D: to O: which worked. But none of the ones above O:. To bad all my multimedia stuff is on S: which AVxCAT can't open. P: where my programs including AVxCAT are installed is about 30GB. So nothing special. One thing comes to my mind - may it be a problem that I have to many drives? There was an jfs problem with more than 16 (?) drives but I've installed the appropriate fix for it. Is there a similar problem with Rexx?

Probably cant test very much the next days and you will not hear anything from me till start of Nov. But will test afterwards again.

DougB

Somehow, that problem tickles a brain cell, but I can't find any information about it, or remember what it was all about.

What version of OS/2 or eCS are you using?

What version of JFS are you using?

What parameters are you using on the IFS lines in CONFIG.SYS?

What kernel are you using?

Exactly what drives, and format, are you using (all of them)?

Have you got
DLLBASING=OFF
near the top of your CONFIG.SYS?

Do you have
EARLYMEMINIT=TRUE
near the top of your CONFIG.SYS?

Many years ago, there was a JFS update that required you to reformat any JFS drives that you had, to actually fix a problem that the JFS update fixed (but I don't think this was one of the symptoms).

Hopefully, something will trigger a memory recall, or give you something to try.

CDRWSel

Quote from: Andi on 2011.10.17, 09:23:48
Quote from: CDRWSel on 2011.10.17, 00:52:43
Please, use the email contact included into avxcat.
Describe all step you did and what kind of drives are above O: ?
Thanks and best regards

I often work with drives on T: or V:
Remy  
Ok, so this is not a known issue then. P, Q, R, S, T, U, V are all regular JFS drives. I've tried different drives from D: to O: which worked. But none of the ones above O:. To bad all my multimedia stuff is on S: which AVxCAT can't open. P: where my programs including AVxCAT are installed is about 30GB. So nothing special. One thing comes to my mind - may it be a problem that I have to many drives? There was an jfs problem with more than 16 (?) drives but I've installed the appropriate fix for it. Is there a similar problem with Rexx?

Probably cant test very much the next days and you will not hear anything from me till start of Nov. But will test afterwards again.

Please Andi,

Could you please issue a "Vol drive_letter:" under a promt command ?  e.g.  "vol P:"
What result do you get ?

What about your reserved drive letter under config.sys ?

Get this build which should issue an error message if required vars for the sysdriveinfo aren't correct
remydodin.levillage.org/outils/avxcat_125_debug.EXE  
add http:// before the link (the file will be left for 2 weeks)

Best regards,
Remy