• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Security/2

Started by adamr, 2007.08.17, 13:14:54

Previous topic - Next topic

adamr

Anyone else out there have Security/2 0.45 installed. The read me file mentions about environment variables being
used from the users %HOME%\environment file but doesn't mention what the name of the file that shpm2 expects.
I tried just naming the file environment but that doesn't seem to work. I didn't find anywhere mentioned about what
the name of this file should be. Also what resource would I have to specify in the acls for a user to be able to set
the system time? The only who has that right at the moment is root.

thanks,
Adam

adamr

Well the heck with setting up my own account and figuring out how to allow myself the rights to set the
system time. I am going to just use the root account myself. I am still trying to figure out the issue
about this so called environment file the read me file speaks of.

adam

Glenn

Did you check the Test and Root account's environment files? I have not install SSES but the default install mentions creating a root and test account.

-Glenn

adamr

i tried the test account - could not set the time with that account despite the read me file
states that if can do everything except work with the config.sys file. If you look at the
acls file though, the test account is not setup to do everything. I am going to just use
the root account regularly. It allows me to do everything including setting the time.  The
environment file is what I am trying to figure out. The read me file does not say what the name
of the file is suppose to be. It just states that it is suppose to be located in the
user's home directory and what the format of the variables are to be.

Adam

adamr

Ok weird! I originally tried naming the environment file "environment" and it did not seem to work. Now it
seems to be working fine. Maybe I didn't originally have the format of the variables correct but it seems
to be working fine now. Computers are strange. ;D Now I can set different user home environments for
Firefox,Thunderbird, SIM and who knows what else.

Adam