• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Old Open Bounties

Started by demetrioussharpe, 2011.05.11, 14:42:07

Previous topic - Next topic

demetrioussharpe

I've read through quite a few of the bounties that are claiming to be open. However, after reading through some of the forum threads about them quite a few of them seem to either already have developers that had been working on them & others are in a zombie state, because they should've been closed already. What's the deal? Is the bounty system broken these days? Are these bounties even still valid?
The difference between what COULD be achieved & what IS achieved
is directly relational to what you COULD be doing & what you ARE doing!

Andi710

Good question. Way back wen I invested quite some money into the bounty system and suggested that bounties should be contingent on any progress over time. In addition, the bounty should only be paid by the sponsors at the time the bounty is actually claimed.

So far, nothing much happened. So, I focus my attention on Qt, Java 6 and other projects with noticable progress and transparency over where my money goes...

demetrioussharpe

Quote from: Andi710 on 2011.05.11, 17:56:40
Good question. Way back wen I invested quite some money into the bounty system and suggested that bounties should be contingent on any progress over time. In addition, the bounty should only be paid by the sponsors at the time the bounty is actually claimed.

So far, nothing much happened. So, I focus my attention on Qt, Java 6 and other projects with noticable progress and transparency over where my money goes...

I've considered taking on a few of these bounties, but there's no way to tell which ones are still valid. Ideally, the ones listed as open should be good, but it seems as though they need to be updated.

miturbide

Demetrius.

I'm the bounty manager now, so you can address any question to me.

All the bounties that are on "Open" status are available. The problem is that there are no developer interested on porting those.

The only two exceptions are 1)VLC port and 2)Intel NIC drivers, which I'm going to close soon and pay/transfer the prize.

As I told you in other threads any comment to the bounties are welcome. Any change on scope I can write down the sponsors to approve it.

Martin
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

demetrioussharpe