• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

GTK+ 2.x (The GIMP Toolkit) port bounty

Started by kim, 2007.09.29, 19:55:25

Previous topic - Next topic

kim

miturbide

Hi

Do you know any other programs, beside GIMP, Abiword, Dia, Glade, GnuCash and Gnumeric. that runs using GTK+ ?

Regards
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

chennecke

Evolution e-mail client and PIM
Gnash chat client
MPlayer
VLC media player
Nero Linux

For more examples, see: http://www.gnomefiles.org/

Paul Smedley

Quote from: kimhav on 2007.09.29, 19:55:25
Supporting thread for the GTK+ 2.x (The GIMP Toolkit) port bounty.

Probably not what people are really wanting, but I've starting working on porting gtk+ 2.x for use with an Xserver like Hoblink or xfree86.

The hope is that this will make it possible to build a newer Gimp...

Michaelhz

... maybe it is possible to use the win32 backend instead of the XWindows backend. dmik is actually using the odin32 library for compiling Java. As far as i understood there were a lot of changes and adjustments to odin32, especially headerfiles are improved to work with gcc. So its worth a try....

Michael

Paul Smedley

Quote from: Michaelhz on 2010.12.26, 11:09:50
... maybe it is possible to use the win32 backend instead of the XWindows backend. dmik is actually using the odin32 library for compiling Java. As far as i understood there were a lot of changes and adjustments to odin32, especially headerfiles are improved to work with gcc. So its worth a try....

Yeah ultimately that may also be wortha  try - for now I'll try the X11 route.  Mucking around with X11R6 is something new and interesting for me :)

cytan

Quote from: Paul Smedley on 2010.12.26, 23:47:24

Yeah ultimately that may also be wortha  try - for now I'll try the X11 route.  Mucking around with X11R6 is something new and interesting for me :)

Hi Paul,
   It'll be really cool if you can port X11R6, we really need a new xserver. The XFree86 version that we have is really old.

Paul Smedley

Quote from: cytan on 2010.12.27, 01:28:05
Quote from: Paul Smedley on 2010.12.26, 23:47:24

Hi Paul,
   It'll be really cool if you can port X11R6, we really need a new xserver. The XFree86 version that we have is really old.

Initially I'll be using the X11R6 port from ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/xfree86/X.org/

This doesn't include the xserver currently - from Dave's readme:
"The Xserver does not compile, same with XDM and Xload."

My initial testing will be using Hoblink.  Some of the gtk+ test apps are displaying, others don't work yet due to problems with glib and/or pango.

Once all/most of gtk+ test apps work, I'll try build gimp

abwillis

I'd look at Everblue on Netlabs... it was never fully completed but may have some helpful stuff for select() on sockets and such in it.

Paul Smedley

Quote from: abwillis on 2010.12.28, 00:44:42
I'd look at Everblue on Netlabs... it was never fully completed but may have some helpful stuff for select() on sockets and such in it.

Well I don't need that yet - I'm happy with the hoblink solution for now :)