• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

New USB host controller drivers: usbhcd184.zip

Started by Andi710, 2012.07.28, 07:59:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Andi710

Works great for me (as the previous version was).
I tried to attach a logitech webcam C905 and this would not crash the system anymore (as it was with the IBM version of the USB).

Great work!
Andreas

PS.: Now if only there was a good driver and video calling app to make use of the webcam under eCS... ;-)

DougB

I have 5 systems. Three work good, two don't seem to recognize the USB mouse.

One system has only one UHCI adapter - works.
One system has 4 UHCI and 1 EHCI adapters - works.
One system has 2 EHCI adapters - works.
One has 2 OHCI and 1 EHCI adapters - doesn't operate my Logitech wired USB mouse.
One has 5 OHCI and 2 EHCI adapters - doesn't operate my Logitech wired USB mouse.

Going back to 183 works fine.

I also tried my wireless USB mouse on the two failing systems. It doesn't work either. It does work on the other three. A very quick test shows that USB 2.0 devices are working.

It appears that USBOHCD.SYS (184) has a problem, but backing that out to 183, while leaving USBEHCD.SYS at the 184 level causes a repeating TRAP0008 (I think - it is hard to tell).

Incident #22 at the bug tracker.

DougB

QuoteIt appears that USBOHCD.SYS (184) has a problem, but backing that out to 183, while leaving USBEHCD.SYS at the 184 level causes a repeating TRAP0008 (I think - it is hard to tell).

Hmmm. I just realized, that the system where this happened has an OHCI adapter (AMD 756 chipset) on the motherboard, that has been disabled forever (it causes very serious problems when the original IBM drivers find it). Somehow, that has managed to get itself enabled. After adding another USBOHCD.SYS entry, in CONFIG.SYS, the 184 drivers are working, even with the previously unusable adapter. So, I guess I had better go back and see if the other system has a similar problem (I am pretty sure that it doesn't - but).

So, this:
One has 2 OHCI and 1 EHCI adapters - doesn't operate my Logitech wired USB mouse.
has changed to this:
One has 1 OHCI adapter on the motherboard, and  2 OHCI and 1 EHCI adapters on an add in card - works.

An interesting observation is that it seems that when there is one driver short, the adapters that get enabled are not always the same ones. I think that the motherboard adapter was enabled sometimes, but not always, while one of the adapters on the add in card was enabled only when the on board adapter was not enabled, and the other was dead. It is entirely possible, that the adapter where the mouse was connected was the one that didn't get a driver.

DougB

Trying 184 on my Asus M3A78-EM motherboard (2 EHCI, and 5 OHCI, adapters). I find that no USB 1.1 device can connect when using the USBOHCD.SYS driver from 184. If I back level only USBOHCD.SYS to the 183 version, it all works properly.

abwillis

In case anyone doesn't follow usenet the following was posted... I still am using 184 as I haven't experienced either problem and it fixes a couple of others I have had:
Hallo,
please do not use. Revert back to usbhcd183.zip for the time being.
I am working on fixing the trap 8 issues and potentially also the "sudden
reboot" problem.
I hope I get out a new version within the next 2 weeks.
Lars