• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Does Thunderbird handle "processes" incorrecty?

Started by bottomtop, 2012.09.19, 13:42:23

Previous topic - Next topic

bottomtop

Hello,

I have notice that if I have used the ctrl-alt-del commander that comes with EcS while Thunderbird is running, it lists a number of "processess" in the window list that are related to Thunderbird and have the same Process ID but with the note "Inv" next to them.   These processes all seem to pertain to tasks I have performed in Thunderbird during the day, but have completed.  For example, each message that I have written or printed has listed a separate "write-[subject of e-mail msg]" or "print-[subject of e-mail msg]".  Is this something to be concerned about?  It makes me think that maybe thunderbird doesn't know how to fully clean up or exit its completed tasks.   Perhaps this is why my system becomes unstable after, say, 5 or 6 hours running and using thunderbird.  Is this perhaps a shared experience?

abwillis

I too have seen these "leftovers".  It has been that way for a very long time (I cannot recall if there were earlier versions that did not do this).  I do not know the cause, though I doubt it is a source of problems I can't say that definitively.