• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

OT Discussion related to: Improvement of the Bounty System

Started by warpcafe, 2008.03.27, 14:41:24

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

Quote from: saborion2 on 2008.05.01, 03:42:53
While I am not quite sure that I should be continuing this debate with you whether about specific implementations of features in OS/2, Windows, or the Linux Operating Systems (or what have you)...

Sounds good to me! My personal opinion is that you are the only person on these forums in all the time I have been here who can type so much and say so little. So, (since when I respond to one of your posts, you keep going off on unrelated tangents), I agree... nothing personal (after all, I am agreeing with you, so I would expect you wouldn't take it personally).   ;)

Regards,
Robert

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

saborion2

Quote from: RobertM on 2008.05.01, 09:09:40
While I am not quite sure that I should be continuing this debate with you whether about specific implementations of features in OS/2, Windows, or the Linux Operating Systems (or what have you)...

Sounds good to me! My personal opinion is that you are the only person on these forums in all the time I have been here who can type so much and say so little. So, (since when I respond to one of your posts, you keep going off on unrelated tangents), I agree... nothing personal (after all, I am agreeing with you, so I would expect you wouldn't take it personally).   ;)

Regards,
Robert

Fortunately for me (and hundreds of millions of others) I a live in a country that upholds a constitution that guarantees the "freedom of speech" of individuals and the "right of persons" to have a different opinion than others; and, recalling an earlier question that was posed to you... here is an idea/example as to where some of the interest may lie in terms of providing products and services; and, that would be consistent with our interest in taking advantage of emerging business opportunities and the guess is that this one

Navy Re-establishes 4th Fleet to Promote Future Interoperability

"The Navy, by re-establishing the 4th Fleet, is serious about the countries in the Caribbean and Central and South America, and ... we're very mindful of the 40 percent of U.S. trade that goes on with those countries and the 50 percent of the oil imports from that region," Stevenson said. "I think that the other navies and coast guards recognize that, and they would view that as a positive step."

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=49729

would appear to have reinforced those strategic business goals and interests. So, why else would I be here involved in these discussions. I am not so sure that I am compelled to convince you personally about our company's needs (technical support...), goals and ambitions.

Read through lines; and, that's all I have to say for now.

Have a nice day.

Regards.

SAB

RobertM

Quote from: saborion2 on 2008.05.01, 17:18:28
Quote from: RobertM on 2008.05.01, 09:09:40

Regards,
Robert

Fortunately for me (and hundreds of millions of others) I a live in a country that upholds a constitution that guarantees the "freedom of speech" of individuals and the "right of persons" to have a different opinion than others; and, recalling an earlier question that was posed to you... here is an idea/example as to where some of the interest may lie in terms of providing products and services; and, that would be consistent with our interest in taking advantage of emerging business opportunities and the guess is that this one

See? That is exactly what I am talking about. You really need to end your senseless dribble and have a conversation/debate instead - at least if you expect anyone to take you or Comfetar Live or anything you say seriously. YOU said you thought you shouldnt be having a conversation with me. I said I agreed. Now you turn that around into implying I said you cannot speak here and cite "freedom of speech"...

Well, let me clarify:

• I never said you could not continue your debate (I just agreed with YOU that I saw no point in continuing it with me as your posts make absolutely no sense to me).

• "Freedom of Speech" does not apply to a privately owned property such as these forums (where you are required to remain at least mostly on topic and be polite) - and even in the places "freedom of speech" does apply, it has limits and restrictions... see what happens if you yell "Fire" in a crowded theater and people get hurt...

• As a side note, OS2WF and these forums are NOT based in the U.S. - so even if "Freedom of Speech" would apply to such venues based in the US (which they most definitely dont), it still would not apply to these forums.

I dont want or expect a response to this. This post is entirely for your edification as to the meanings of my earlier post - as well as the fact that freedom of speech does not apply to such places as these forums. Those are undisputable facts - you dont have to agree, you dont have to like them, but they are facts nonetheless.

Now, I guess what you need to do is decide if you dont want to continue this thread's debate with me (the Off Topic Bounty System one) - or if you changed your mind and wish to continue to participate.

Robert

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

saborion2

Hi All,

Can anyone provide any update with regards to any "Improvement of the Bounty System". Also, with regards to the world financial turmoil.... should one assume that - (when added together) not much would be at risk if the banking institution that the OS/2 World Foundation is doing business should go under like those which have gone in that direction and some bounties are not claimed.  8)

BTW, given the unemployment trend here in the USA perhaps sooner rather than later some of these available "bounties" may or may not be claimed. Any guesses? ;)

Thank you.

Best regards,

SAB