This is a simple Battery life/status display widget for XCenter. It displays the current life as an icon or a number. When the cursor is over the widget, the tool tip displays the power source (AC or Battery), the battery life and the remaining life in minutes. The colour of the icon, background and the text also indicate some status:
- The icon displays the level of charge in the battery and if AC power is being used.
- When the battery drops below 15%, the icon and background colour changes. This defaults to red.
- The text colour is different depending on whether AC power or the battery is being used.
The widget can be configured to display the icon, text or both.
Updated on 28/06/2001. Changes include:
- Time remaining can be displayed in minutes or hours and minutes.
- Better display if there is no battery.
- A bit more error checking
- Added version number to properties dialog.