FTP Browser is a powerful and intuitive FTP solution for OS/2 and eComStation that features drag and drop, server to server and directory tree transfers accross a variety of hosts. Resume is supported both in download and upload.
- FTP site manager that stores sites in folders
- References to site objects on the Desktop
- Drag and drop enabled for transfers, queueing, site manipulation and more
- Ping feature to test site responsiveness before connecting
- Unlimited number of simultaneous connections to the same site
- Multiple and simultaneous transfers to the same site
- Graphical file transfer display
- Host redialing for busy sites
- Seamless reconnects for lost connections
- Automatically resume interrupted transfers, resume partially transferred files
- Transfer queue for storing items to transfer
- Recursive directory tree transfers and deletes
- Server to server tree and file transfers
- Configurable file associations for viewing downloaded files
- Communications log with save to file option
- Hooks for command file execution after file transfers
- Download information optionally written to file EAs
- Drag and drop color and font configurability
FTP Browser is abandonware. Registration code is included in the zip file from Blue Nexus site.
- Hobbes, main program (ver. 1.7.1, 1997)
- Hobbes, Y2k patches
- Alternative download from Blue Nexus site, includes registration code and Y2K patches
Unzip and run install.exe. To apply Y2K patches:
lxlite -X+ -B- ftpbrows.exe patch ftpbrowspatch.pat /a lxlite -X- -B- ftpbrows.exe lxlite -X+ -B- ftpbtran.exe patch /a ftpbtranpatch.pat lxlite -X- -B- ftpbtran.exe
If after installation you have problems saving new sites, delete FTPBADDR.INI.
Program review, including instructions to apply the Y2K patches.