Installing eComStation 2.2 and Windows 10 with Dual Boot
First, if you are going to install on a new PC, that has a GPT partition system, you will need to erase everything on the disk, since eCS and OS/2 still does not support GPT. You need to go back to the Master Boot Record (MBR).
Short Procedure for Busy People
The procedure in short is:
- Boot the eCS 2.2 Installation CD.
- Wipe all the HDD information and define the partition size that you want to eCS and for Windows.
- Install "Boot Manager" (Airboot included on eCS 2.2) before installing eCS.
- Save and Reboot.
- Boot the Windows 10 DVD. Select the correct partition on where do you want to install Windows 10 and make sure you don't select the eCS partition by mistake.
- Install Windows 10 normally.
Ooops... you will notice that Windows 10 took over Airboot. You need to fix this.