N1680 - Developing Helps and Online Documents Using OS/2 IPF
Course N1680 - Developing Helps and Online Documents Using OS/2 IPF
OS/2 2.X leads the industry with an extensive help and online informa- tion hypertext system that includes over 5,000 panels. In this workshop, you'll produce helps and online documents with the OS/2 Information Presentation Facility (IPF), the same facility used by IBM developers for OS/2's online information.
You will learn how to integrate CUA-compliant help information with the Presentation Manager applications you develop. You will learn how to take advantage of the new features of OS/2 2.X to create customized help and document windows.
How you will benefit
This workshop teaches you how to:
- Use IPF to create help information that is integrated with application programs
- Use IPF to create stand-alone, online documents
- Use advanced IPF features to customize and enhance online help and documents
- Common User Access (CUA) considerations
- IPF architecture
- Formatting controls for text
- Including graphic illustrations
- Hypertext and hypergraphic links
- Customized windows
- Launching external programs
- Compiler options
- Building an index
IBM Publishing Systems BookMaster experience is helpful but not required.