Open Source Campaign
From OS2World.com Wiki
- ScreenSaver by Siegfried Hanisch
- by Kevin G. McCoy- Reason: He is looking for the code.
- SystemInformationDisplay/2 and InetPowerServer by Terje Flaarønning - Reason: Told me that is Pascal and has third party code.
- WPSClean, LiveWire Communications by Les Novell - Reason: Confirmed identity on LinkedIn
- ICON2GIF, RAVE! by J. Ashley Roeckelein - Reason: Contacted via Linkedin.
- NeoN Grafix 3D by Jens Stutte - Reason: He is thinking about it and need to request permission to other author.
- Nicki's USBCamera-To-HardDrive-Thingy by Peter Brown - Reason: He is thinking about it.
- Conversion Pro, Alcahest PM GUI by Jon F. Kaminsky - Reason: Concern about dependencies.
- Watchcat/2 by Felix von Normann, Thomas Opheys
- Amouse, WPSac, PMFormat by Markus Noller
- FolderOpen, newobj by Matt Linder - Reason: He is thinking about it.
- TrafficVisor II, IRC Bot, REXX PPP Server by Vasilkin Andrey - Reason: He is thinking about traficvissor]].
- Impos/2 by Werner Broermann - - Reason: He will probably do it, but I never got a reply.
This is the list of people that agreed to open source their software, but they are still looking for the source code to make it public.
- Jay Schwartz -Reason: He is looking for OS/2 source code.
- Kevin Langman - Reason: He is looking for his archives.
- SpUtils by Tim Mecking - Reason: He is looking for his archives.
- Gibbon Talk by John C. Frickson - Reason: He is looking for media. Not sure if he can recover it.
- Simplex by Chris Laforet - - Reason: Agreed. He is looking for the source code.
- WPSaver and Type/2 Typing Tutor by Ernest Christley - Reason: Agreed. He is looking for the source code.
- Vicent Greene Screen Saver by Vincent Greene - Reason: Agreed. He is looking for the source code.
- Account Manager, Syncro by Mario Sebastiani - Reason: Agreed. He is looking for the source code.
- Home Automation System/2 by Dennis Caffi - Reason: He is looking for the source code.
- Modified scroll-point mouse driver, Dialer/2, Easyrecord (PMRecord) by Denis Tazetdinov - Reason: He is looking for the source code.
- Frank Wochatz - Reason: He wants to know where to post the code.
- PMWeather by David DuPre' - Reason: He is looking for the source code.
- TelnetP by David Thacker - Reason: He don't have the HDD password to access it.
- PMNapster by Ricardo Mayrink - Reason: He is looking for the source code.
- PMVDesk, PMSnap by Carrick von Schoultz - Reason: He is looking for the source code.
- CD Magic, PMRaw, The Backup Demon/2, Text2Img, sqlMate, phpGUI, PMExif, Calydos, ImgMeta by Lutz Wagner - Reason: Agreed to open some of them as Public Domain.
- Brahammars Mandelbrot Toy by Ola Brahammar - Reason: He will check for the source code on the next holiday.
- Workplace Security by Michael Rydberg
- EqEd/2 by Jesper Nielsen
- Initor by Jobst Schmalenbach (It is already GNU GPL but I can not find the source code)
- Sedt Editor by Anker Berg-Sonne
- Zombie WinOS2 Program object by Doug Clark
- ConfigMaint by Kai Evers
- Battery Widget, SETIView/2, ... by David Forrester
- RXU by Dave Boll
- Albatros Player/2, InfoPM by Norbert Heller
- Blackbook by Viet-Tam Luu
- The Wall, Calculator/2 , CD-Side, OS/2 touch utility, Blocks, Lasat Speed II, WhatsOn by Kim Foder
- AnPoCodec by Andreas Portele
- Tyra/2 by Jörg Sievers, Andreas Röderer
- Ray Gwinn's SIO 2000 driver by Ray Gwinn
- Robotics Messenger/2 by Rossen Assenov
- Syslevel Editor / Problem tracker, Class Browser by Harald Wilhelm
Lost Source Code
- VRExtras Object Pack for VX-REXX and VRDistributedConnection object By Peter Kanis - Reason: Source code lost. He turned his binaries into public domain.
- WPSClean, LiveWire Communications by Les Novell: Backups was lost.
- PMStat by Gerald Callow: He no longer has the source code.
- Freeware and Shareware by Dan Holt: The source code is lost.
- Launch Thing by Gerard J. Piek: The source code is lost.
- REXXSEM by Darin McBride: Source code lost. Gave permission to reverse engineer.
- Several software by Antonino Iannella
- ESS Audio Mixer by Oleg Deribas
- ExCal by Dan Kehn
- PREPLOGO by Jonathan Czerwinski
- Secure Desktop, WPS-Watchdog by Jürgen Dankoweit
- OS/2 MineSweeper by Gordon Reeder
- ProTalk by Brian Fisher
- WNice by Carsten Thornez
- Icontalk by Doug Azzarito
- ICQ/2 and CallerID by Ed Ng
- Alfons by Mikael Kjellström
- Answering Machine/2 by Sacha Prins
- Clone-Cleaner by Ed March
- Xit by Michael Shillingford
- Class Manager by Andrea Zaccagnini
- PMCPU by Patrick
- MPEG Player, Alarm Clock by Thomas Bradford
- 3DBar, LM78 by Stefano Zamprogno
- WebWriter/2, Network Configuration Manager by John Blumel
- Planets, Hangaman, QuoteMan/2 by Everett Barnes
- ADRp by Timo Maier
- PPMU by Denny Mleinek
- Carlsberg tools by Bent Panduro
- DATES by Graham Stair
No desire to open
- Michael Vulis - Reason: He does not have time to prepare and send me the source code.
- Martin Vieregg - Reason: He still supports his software.
- GpfREXX by Jean-Bernard Clerin by Reason - His software is an IDE which scambled REXX. If he turns it open source any program developed with GpfREXX can be un-scambled.
- PRXUTILS - Reason - W. David Ashley can not open PRXUTILS because he signed and agrement with Gammatech. I'm looking for Benny N. Ormson
- SuperPreview by Larry Bank - Reason: The software has his proprietary code for other software he commercialize today.
- Animouse by Tony Terbizan - Reason:He agreed to Make it freeware. He need Dan Libby to find the source code.
- Dinar by MLK Enterprises - Reason: "no"
- RptView by Randy Cecrle - Reason: "It is a commercial product under Windows, can not be released."
- Kermit by Frank Da Cruz - Reason: "He stills supports it"
- Priority Master by Ted Waldron III - Reason: "He spend too much time with the OS/2 version and don't want to open. He will be willing to sell the OS/2 Source code."
- MicroStation by Dario Ragazzini - Reason: "Belongs to bentley"
- Dr. Dialog]] by David C. Morrill - Reason: He told me there was too much dependecias for Dr.Dialog.
- EuraPM, Translator, TOM, PlayRec & Copywave, pmmerge.dll patch, add on for Visual Age 3.0 patch, CleanINI, isdn4you, NDB, ndbPM, ndbPM by Carsten Arnold - Reason: He don't feel ready to open source it. Too much work."
- icq2, AutoBMP by Gene Akins - Reason: He passed away.
- Dialog Enhancer by Richard - Reason: He passed the Source Code To Serenity
- BlueCAD by CadWare - Reason: Support replied that is freeware and that there is no interest on open sourcing it.
- Unimaint, Filestar/2, FlexEdit by Jim Read - Reason:Not ready to open source yet.
- IBM OS/2 API Trace by Dave Blaschke - Reason: He told me that the API trace utility is IBM Copyright, he is going to ask for permission, and there is also some copyright free source code for tracing API calls.
When the source code gets released it goes to this list: