P1097/P1097E - OS/2 Warp System Debug Tools: Using the System Trace Effectively
This three-day course teaches you how to use the system trace, and how to specify and gather ad-hoc trace information for problem analysis. The workshop combines classroom lecture with hands-on exercises.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe system trace functions
- Understand and use your own dynamic trace points
- Create trace definition and format files
- Interpret the output of the trace formatter
This course is intended for those assigned the task of performing problem determination and analysis of traps. Technical coordinators, programmers, developers, technical support and others who wish to further develop or improve their skills after course PS900 are good candidates for this course.
Before taking this course, you should have the following:
- In-depth programming skills
- Significant application debugging skills
- Experience in performing low-level diagnosis of traps
Most of these skills can be obtained by successfully completing the course OS/2 Warp Problem Determination Workshop I - Application Trap Analysis (PS90C)
- Not Available