P1191/P1191E - Warp Debug Tools: Diagnosing Traps in Privileged Code
This "hands-on" course teaches you how to perform system problem diagnosis of traps in privileged code, including device drivers and file systems. It also teaches you how the hardware allows privilege level changes, how to find which API was called, with the parameters passed, and how to identify the file system and physical device drivers involved.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Create and analyze a valid dump of a trap in privileged code
- Install and use the debug kernel to solve a trap
- Determine the name of an API called, and the parameters passed
- Identify a file system or physical device driver
This course is intended for those assigned the task of performing problem determination and analysis of traps in privileged code. Technical coordinators, programmers, developers, technical support and others who wish to further develop or improve their skills after course PS900 are good candidates for this course.
Before taking this course, you should have the following:
- In-depth programming skills
- Significant application debugging skills
- Experience in performing low-level diagnosis of traps
Most of these skills can be obtained by successfully completing the course OS/2 Warp V3 Problem Determination Workshop 1 - Application Trap Analysis (PS90C).
- Not Available