RPM & YUM
RPM Package Manager is a powerful command line driven package management system capable of installing, uninstalling, verifying, querying, and updating computer software packages. YUM instead is an automatic updater and package installer/remover for rpm systems.
- RPM-YUM bootstrap (ver. 1.3, 25 Mb)
WarpIN self-installer package. After reboot, install the stable repository typing
yum install netlabs-rel
at command prompt. Repository is also browsable at http://rpm.netlabs.org/release/00/i386/
- you can manually install an .rpm package with the command:
rpm -i package_name.rpm
(all dependencies must be installed)
- to find in which package a specific file is contained:
yum whatprovides 'filename'
- to list all the installed packages:
yum list installed > yum-list.txt
- to access the experimental repository:
yum install netlabs-exp