The CD-ROM Shelf
Return to The Warp Pharmacy
Last update: 6th November, 1995
This section is a collection of information about using CD-ROM drives with OS/2 Warp.
- CD-ROM drive as slave on secondary IDE controller
- Hitachi CD-ROM
- Drivers for Wearnes CD-ROM Drive - 
- Installing Plextor DM3028 CD-ROM Drivers
- IBM's Warp Migration Assistant note about CD-ROM Drives 
- Setting up the Pioneer DRM-604X for cdAudio with OS/2 Warp
- Toshiba 2150CDS CDROM Problems
- CD-ROM drive unsupported or remote on network
- Drivers for Reveal CD-ROM drives 
- Updated ATAPI CD-ROMs on secondary controller
- Drivers for Panasonic CD-ROM 581 in Sound Blaster Kit
- OS/2 Warp and NEC CDR-271 CDROM
Frank McKenney's Warp Installation Notes
- note1 Unable to find CD-ROM during install
- note3 Install from CD-ROM locks up
- note10 Problems recognising various CD-ROM drives
- note16 Trap 0003 trying to use certain types of CD-ROM
- note17 Warp Installation from CD fails - no matching driver found
IBM's Warp Tips
- cdscrd installing os/2 warp, internal cdrom drive connected to a soundcard directly (not a seperate controller card)
- redd1 installing warp on a system with cdrom (toshiba) connected to an adaptec 1542c, getting a red screen no cdrom device support found
- lmspbl philips cdrom causes boot problem if /m parameter used
- nec260 configuring the nec 260 ide cdrom under os2 warp
- iakmit problem installing "internet connection for os/2" portion of the warp bonuspack from cdrom on mitsumi cdrom drives
- ide what ide cd-roms are compatible with os2 warp? and how do i make them work?
- ah274x system hangs with adaptec 2740/2742 controller with cdrom attached
- PJ15841 buslogic pci scsi driver hangs warp install from cdrom, bt-946c
- PJ16058 sony 55e and 55d, mitsumi fx001de cdrom's do not work in warp. l1ok
- PJ16074 adaptec 1640 mca card under warp fails to see cdrom
- PJ16085 unzip problem installing "internet connection for os/2" portion of the warp bonuspack from cdrom on mitsumi drives
- PJ16105 trap 003 in machines with ide cdrom with heavy swapping under warp os/2 version 3.0
- PJ16121 warp aha152x.add not working with some cdrom's
- PJ16125 warp cdrom driver sbcd2.add does not work with reveal cdrom. l1ok
- PJ16241 warp dpt20xx.add driver does not recognize cdrom
- PJ16254 trap d occurs when 2 ide cdroms are atteched to the ide port
This section lists some of the known fix packages for problems with CD-ROM drives.
Note: To the best of the Warp Pharmacy's knowledge, these fix packages are solutions for the problems described. Please be sure to read any documentation that comes with a fix package before applying it in order to check that it is an appropriate fix for your situation.
- [ATAPI.ZIP] A fix for a problem with some ATAPI drives. See [PJ16058] and [PJ16105].
- [CDDRVR.ZIP] The package above includes the files from the next five. These packages are said to fix the problem described by note10 of Frank McKenney's Warp Installation Notes.
- [WLM205.ZIP] (Philips LMS205)
- [WLM206.ZIP] (Philips LMS206)
- [WMITFX.ZIP] (Mitsumi)
- [WSBCD2.ZIP] (SoundBlaster)
- [WSONY5.ZIP] (Sony 535 CD)