WS730 - OS/2 Warp Server Administration Workshop I
- 3 days
This course introduces the student to the LAN environment using the OS/2 Warp Server. You will learn to install and administer servers and requesters and to support End users. Basic LAN concepts, terminology and OS/2 Warp Server administration are covered.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define basic LAN concepts and terminology
- Install OS/2 Warp Server and OS/2 Warp Server Advanced
- Use the OS/2 Warp Server Graphical User Interface and the Command line Interface to perform basic administrative tasks
- Manage users and groups
- Define and share LAN resources
- Define appropriate access control
- Describe the functions provided by Print Services Facility for OS/2 Warp Server
- Provide shared applications to end users
- Install and support DOS LAN Requesters and OS/2 LAN Requesters
- Perform basic backup and recovery procedures
- Access external resources
- Apply first-level problem determination
This course is intended for personnel with little or no LAN experience who have the responsibility for the daily operations of OS/2 Warp Servers. The more complex planning and support of the OS/2 Warp Server domains is assumed to be provided by others within your organization.
Before taking this course, you must be familiar with the navigational skills necessary to operate an OS/2 Warp workstation.