Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
Keyboard not found or keyboard error?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
warpcafe
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 26 Nov, 2002
21. Re:Keyboard not found or keyboard error?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message

BigWarpGuy (24 Mar, 2005 14:06):
It stops booting after the SDD loads. I do a CTL-ALT-DEL and it shows a trap message. The first line of it shows that there is a problem in the UART. Should I be using the AGP video card instead of the onboard video? (I will give it a try).

Hi BWG,

do you know the exact VGA chipset that is built onto the mainboard? If so, try to check with Scitechs list of supported chipsets: http://www.scitechsoft.com/chiplist/snap_os2_chiplist.html

Unless I know that a certain VGA chipset works with Snap or SDD, I usually go for selecting "standard VGA" for setup, then I do the rest of the setup and once teh system reboots stable, I go for installing the snap/sdd drivers. I must admit that I have the "real" Snap registered instead of the /SE version that comes along with eCS.
I always prefer to have AGP cards plugged into the slot than an onboard VGA chip, because nowadays they don't have dedicated memory but steal away 32 meg or less/more form the computers RAM. I don't like that.

Greetings
Thomas

Date: 24 Mar, 2005 on 15:55
BigWarpGuy
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://home.comcast.net/~tomleem
since: 12 Jan, 2001
22. Re:Keyboard not found or keyboard error?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I installed a more powerful power supply. It still froze when it came to the audio startup sound. I took out the Crystal chipset PCI audio card. It boots okay (mostly - it still does not load the web cam driver). I enabled the onboard sound. It works with the UniAud driver. It does not freeze up. I am happy.

---
BigWarpGuy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OS/2 Warp-ed/eComStation-ed to the very end.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Date: 20 Apr, 2005 on 03:13
Keyboard not found or keyboard error?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 2 | Next >
Go to: