Author Topic: Innotek font engine  (Read 12647 times)

muffetta

Innotek font engine
« on: April 06, 2013, 10:53:06 am »
There is still a need to use innotek font engine, or you can delete it? there are still programs that use this library? The libraries alternatives for mozilla suite and truetype.dll substitute for the wps can be considered as substitute?

melf

Re: Innotek font engine
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 02:21:57 pm »
AFAIK open office still uses it, and programs like Kompozer need it to look nice. However, entries in regedit concerning the common Mozilla apps could invoke problems.

muffetta

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 02:46:25 pm »
So, the best thing to do is always to leave it in LIBPATH and delete the regedit entries?

melf

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 04:25:22 pm »
I guess so.

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 05:09:29 pm »
So, the best thing to do is always to leave it in LIBPATH and delete the regedit entries?

I think it would be better to simply change the "enabled" entry from 1 to 0, for all programs that are listed. As near as I can tell, there are possibly 3 places in the registry that are affected. It depends on which version(s) of font engine you have ever installed. ]

It is essential to NOT use the font engine with the later Mozilla derivatives, They do that themselves, and doing it twice is a sure to cause problems. NOTE that OpenOffice, apparently, uses the fontlib support, but OpenOffice should not be set to use the fontlib.

To make it simple, there is a GUI app that adjusts those entries for you. It says it is a beta, but it seems to work well:
ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/vxapps/ft2gui/ft2gui20beta3.wpi

muffetta

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 06:09:42 pm »
Ok, i'm going to disable it in regedit, since eCS 2.2 beta report it enabled (value 1), i believe because it still use innoteck.