Author Topic: Installing the OS/2 C Libraries and emx runtime  (Read 5127 times)

warpsalad

Installing the OS/2 C Libraries and emx runtime
« on: April 26, 2016, 06:06:17 am »
ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/gcc/

For LIBC, do I just tack the .DLL(s) to OS\DLL? And would the same process apply to the emx runtime for OS/2?

I haven't used GCC or the C libraries before so you'll have to excuse my ignorance. Heck, I haven't even built anything from source code before, but there's always a start somewhere.

Olafur Gunnlaugsson

• View Profile
Re: Installing the OS/2 C Libraries and emx runtime
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 08:12:24 am »
ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/gcc/

For LIBC, do I just tack the .DLL(s) to OS\DLL? And would the same process apply to the emx runtime for OS/2?

the LIBC dll's can go in any folder that is in the LIBPATH, OS2/DLL is a good as any.

For EMX runtimes, you can download the WPI version and just use the installer or read the README that is included if you want more than just the runtime, another common OS/2 runtime that is good to have on the system is the Watcom Visual REXX runtime.

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 02:52:34 pm »
Hi,

Check what you have in your libpath ( config.sys )
If you have a \usr\lib at beginning of the libpath=, you can use it to simplify future product installation ...

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 03:07:26 pm »
Devon,

Over time you will get a lot of extra DLLs, many of which will require updating.  We got round that problem by making a DLL directory in the root of the OS/2 boot drive and adding it to the beginning of the LIBPATH statement in CONFIG.SYS.