Author Topic: Firefox 38 problem  (Read 15296 times)

Pete

• View Profile
Re: Firefox 38 problem
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 10:41:57 pm »
Hi John

I noticed in your post that mozsupport has been updated recently so downloaded a copy.

The only update in the package for those with mozsupport-2016-03-16.zip installed is the fntcnf1.dll file.

However, for the sake of "completeness" I unzipped all files from mozsupport-2016-04-29.zip overwriting existing files.

Seamonkey then would not start - Sorry, that is incorrect as it appears in the Process List and can be "killed"; it does not appear onscreen and the cpu meters are peaking.

As I had been running Seamonkey merely minutes earlier I guessed the problem may be related to the mozsupport update.

I "backlevelled" fntcnf1.dll to the version from mozsupport-2016-03-16.zip and no problems - I am posting using Seamonkey.

The older mozsupport may still be available here http://os2news.warpstock.org/mozsupport-2016-03-16.zip if you want to give it a try.

Regards

Pete

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2016, 04:04:33 am »
The danger is having an older DLL on the LIBPATH, including the dot where it can be loaded by another program. One example that bit a few people was having the real libc065.dll in ecs\dll or os2\dll, which only stopped add-ons from working
Assuming you have installed exceptq, are you getting trp files in your program directory?
Are you sure you have fontconfig set up properly.
Personally I hate needing all these DLLs and prefer static linking, which is what I did for a long time and Peter did before. Unluckily the Python shipped with RPM/YUM is the only one that works to build Mozilla and it has become easier to just use the whole environment. I'm also stuck on dial-up that makes it hard for me to upload any builds I do, otherwise I'd do and upload a mostly static build.

karotlopj

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2016, 05:25:14 am »
I removed the DLL's I had in my 'c:\usr\lib' and proceeded to add those from the pkgs mentioned in the link, and....

it worked!

Seems I must have had an incompatible DLL in the libpath... although I did notice the mozsupport has been updated since I downloaded it initially, so maybe one of the newer DLL's made the difference.

Anyway It works now, so I'm happy about that.