Author Topic: hwman installation  (Read 11105 times)

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
hwman installation
« on: May 22, 2013, 03:29:45 am »
Hi.

I found it very interesting that a WPS class like "WPHwManager" got replaced by a open source one by Lars Edman.

I didn't found "WPS Class List" (XWPClassList class) icon on eComStation 2.1, I installed XWorkplace 1.0.9 over it so I can found the "WPS Class List" icon.

After that I installed and replaced the class as the instrucciones. I'm attaching some screenshots just for the fun of it.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: hwman installation
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 03:31:00 am »
here goes the rest.
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 03:47:28 am »
¿Anybody knows on which part of XWorkplace can be added the description for this classes?

Check the screenshot to understand my question better.
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 01:11:36 pm »
Hi martin

The only description I have seen of this was the subject heading in newsgroup comp.os..os2.misc - WPS class replacement for OS/2 Hardware-Manager.

As to how to add the description to xWP: I think it is shown clearly in the image :-)

I do not think it is possible to add the description yourself - but I could be wrong.

Regards

Pete

Alex Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 01:38:43 am »
¿Anybody knows on which part of XWorkplace can be added the description for this classes?

The descriptions are in <Xworkplace-path>\help\xfcls001.txt (or substitute appropriate language code).  Anyone with write access to XWP CVS should be able to make the same change (for everyone) to the file in <cvs-root>\001\misc.

Incidentally, the XWP class list is actually compiled into eWorkplace, it's just not registered or created in a normal install.  With a little REXX knowledge it's possible to register the class and create the object under eCS.  (Although in this case the file xfcls001.txt isn't included at all, so if you want descriptions you'd need to copy it from elsewhere.)