Author Topic: CUPS --- Need a filter for Samsung CLP-365w  (Read 12601 times)

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
CUPS --- Need a filter for Samsung CLP-365w
« on: June 13, 2013, 03:46:03 am »
I'm trying to make cups work with my Samsung 365w. I got the PPD file from the Samsung install in Linux also got the "rastertosamsungsplc" file which needs to be made into rastertosamsungsplc.exe for the printer to work in eCS. Does anyone know where I can download the executable version of rastertosamsungsplc? Or how I can make the lunix version an executable?
Thanks for any ideas.

klipp

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
Re: CUPS --- Need a filter for Samsung CLP-365w
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 04:38:22 am »
I'm trying to make cups work with my Samsung 365w. I got the PPD file from the Samsung install in Linux also got the "rastertosamsungsplc" file which needs to be made into rastertosamsungsplc.exe for the printer to work in eCS. Does anyone know where I can download the executable version of rastertosamsungsplc? Or how I can make the lunix version an executable?
Thanks for any ideas.

You need to find an opensource driver for the printer.  Unless Samsung have released sourcecode to rastertosamsunsplc, you're screwed.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 04:42:24 am »
Thanks for any ideas.

You need to find an opensource driver for the printer.  Unless Samsung have released sourcecode to rastertosamsunsplc, you're screwed.

http://foo2qpdl.rkkda.com/ might be an option

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 04:50:13 am »
Hey Paul, How you doing? Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try in the morning.

klipp

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 10:38:37 am »
Hi klipp,

Hey Paul, How you doing? Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try in the morning.

You'll need http://smedley.id.au/tmp/foo2qpdl.zip which is the binary executable.

It should probably be copied to /cups/lib/cups/filter

You'll also nee foomatic installed - not sure what else will be required from the foo2qpdl download package....