Author Topic: libusb-1.0 port to OS/2 - help needed  (Read 75728 times)

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
Re: libusb-1.0 port to OS/2 - help needed
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 02:14:52 am »
Update:
I found a typo in UsbBulkWrite call! I can now print using Cups 1.6.2 usb.exe built against libusb 1.0!!!!!!

I can also scan on my T60 from my Canon LIDE20 scanner :)

People with USB scanners could try an updated scanimage.exe from http://smedley.id.au/tmp/scanimage.zip

I also need to work out why USB stuff isn't working for me anymore in Virtualbox - neither older builds of things that use libusb 0.1 or usbcalls, nor libusb-1.0 stuff.  I can see the devices, but I can't read/write to them - very frustrating :(
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 02:33:07 am by Paul Smedley »

Andy Willis

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 05:55:01 am »
I also need to work out why USB stuff isn't working for me anymore in Virtualbox - neither older builds of things that use libusb 0.1 or usbcalls, nor libusb-1.0 stuff.  I can see the devices, but I can't read/write to them - very frustrating :(
Are you using IBM drivers or Lar's drivers?  If Lar's, then which version?
Andy

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2013, 08:57:36 am »
libmtp can produce a filetree on my Galaxy S4 too :) some weird errors that need debugging but some progress also :)

Example .exe's to play around with at http://smedley.id.au/tmp/libmtp-1.1.6-os2.zip

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2013, 08:59:11 am »
Are you using IBM drivers or Lar's drivers?  If Lar's, then which version?
Andy
I tend to think it's a virtualbox issue.  Currently using Lar's drivers - tried updating to the latest and didn't help.  I will switch back to the IBM versions, but meanwhile, I'll use my Thinkpad T60 for testing - ie real hardware.

muffetta

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2013, 12:45:26 pm »
No news here, just more time between the connection and disconnection of the scanner, which is always unusable (IBM T23, USB 1.1x2, scanner attached, last USB drive v. 191 from Hobbes), i'll try previous usb drivers.
Regards.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2013, 01:29:29 pm »
No news here, just more time between the connection and disconnection of the scanner, which is always unusable (IBM T23, USB 1.1x2, scanner attached, last USB drive v. 191 from Hobbes), i'll try previous usb drivers.
Regards.

Please generate a debug log for me.

muffetta

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2013, 01:58:14 pm »
This is the debug.log

No scanner available, and my mouse, a logitech, works fine.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2013, 10:13:05 pm »
HI Barbara,

Are you sure that's with the scanimage.exe I built yesterday? The debug messages you're getting are from libusb - the current executable has these messages turned off.

The correct scanimage.exe is:
12/05/13  10:01       5,769,032           0  scanimage.exe

from http://smedley.id.au/tmp/scanimage.zip

To turn on Sane debugging for your scanner try the following:
set SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK_USB=255
set SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255
scanimage -L  >output.pnm 2>debugoutput.txt

This turns on debugging inside Sane for the Mustek backend, and also for the USB interface.

Debug output will go into debugoutput.txt

muffetta

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2013, 05:53:23 am »
Ok, correct file, the report is this
It seems always dead, no beeps, sounds or others...  ???
Regards

muffetta

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2013, 06:03:53 am »
And the content of output.pnm is:
device `mustek_usb:libusb:001:001' is a Mustek 1200 UB flatbed scanner
device `test:0' is a Noname frontend-tester virtual device
device `test:1' is a Noname frontend-tester virtual device

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2013, 09:14:24 am »
This is good - the scanner is detected.

Now try:

scanimage >output.pnm 2>debugoutput.txt

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2013, 11:33:01 am »
Woohoo - just built latest hpaio.dll from the HP opensource printing/scanning package. For the first time, USB scanning is working!!!!

I need to work some on packaging still, but I'm hopeful I'll have a binary for this within a few days.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2013, 11:50:47 am »
Hmmmmmm this could be interesting: https://code.google.com/p/btstack/
"Bluetooth for All!
The aim of this project is to support devices for which the OS either does not provide a Bluetooth Stack or the available stack is severely limited (e.g., on the iPhone - more than 2.5 million installations). In addition, BTstack is well suited for small, resource-constraint devices such as 8 or 16 bit embedded systems as it is highly configurable and comes with an ultra small memory footprint. A minimal configuration for an SPP server on a MSP430 can run in 32 kB FLASH and only 4 kB of RAM.

On larger POSIX systems, it provides a user-space daemon that connects to the Bluetooth modules via different Bluetooth HCI transport layers (e.g., HCI H4 UART and H5 the "Tree-Wire" protocol). Multiple applications can communicate with this daemon over different inter-process communication methods.

On embedded systems, a minimal run loop implementation allows to use BTstack without a Real Time OS (RTOS). If a RTOS is already used, BTstack can be integrated and run as a single thread. The source repository provides ports for different MSP430 development boards. Other platforms can be targeted by providing the necessary UART, CPU, and CLOCK implementations, see MSP430GettingStarted and EmbeddedSystems. Get the documentation for embedded systems: BTstack Manual v1.0.

Implementation of the Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy specification has started and BTstack can be operated both as a single mode or a dual mode stack, see BLE.

For starters, look at the Wiki pages for an Architecture overview and the little GettingStarted example for iOS.

Quite a while ago, BTstack was presented at the Google Open Source Jam in Zurich with a focus on the iPhone.

BTstack is available under a dual license. The code provided in this repository allows for non-commercial use. Commercial use is provided by BlueKitchen GmbH."

muffetta

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2013, 06:34:09 pm »
This is the output
scanimage >output.pnm 2>debugoutput.txt

onlineuser2

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2013, 07:16:50 pm »
Paul, do you mean that bluetooth may be ported to os/2 ecomstation?