OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Storage

MTP plugin for Netdrive?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Paul Smedley:

--- Quote from: Paul Smedley on June 27, 2016, 04:08:34 am ---Thanks guys, I'll look at getting a build of the libmtp command line tools first, as this would form the core of any netdrive plugin.

I tried testing this morning with a Nexus tablet and virtualbox, and got a USB error - Ill see if I can test with native hardware tonight. Not sure if something has changed with libusb or its just a virtualbox usb issue....

--- End quote ---

http://smedley.id.au/tmp/libmtp-1.1.11.zip contains a built of libmtp 1.1.11 - requires libusb10.dll from my website

Note: this build wasn't working for me when I tested a few nights ago on my T60. I did have this kinda working back in 2013 - so not sure if it's a USB stack issue on my T60 (stack not updated in a long time) or if it's a libusb issue - or even a change in usbresmg.sys...

Here, it detects the device connected, but times out when making a connection when running mtp-detect.exe Curious what others see...

Please test with the logging libusb10.dll from the zip at http://os2ports.smedley.id.au/index.php?page=libusb-1-0 and post a log excerpt to see if it's the same as I get here...

David McKenna:
 I tried MTP-DETECT using the logging dll and Lars' USB drivers ver 206 with a Galaxy Note4. It hangs for about a minute at one point, then continues with errors. Tried to capture a log (mtp-detect > usb.log) and got the attached file, but its contents are not what appeared on the console... how do I capture the console contents?

Dave Yeo:
@David, you need to capture stdout and stderr, I used this command
mtp-detect 2>&1 | tee mtp-detect.log
and got this.

--- Code: ---Device 0 (VID=2207 and PID=0001) is a Various Viewpia DR/bq Kepler.
libusb_detach_kernel_driver() failed, continuing anyway...: Error 0
PTP_ERROR_IO: failed to open session, trying again after resetting USB interface
LIBMTP libusb: Attempt to reset device
libusb_detach_kernel_driver() failed, continuing anyway...: Error 0
LIBMTP PANIC: failed to open session on second attempt
Unable to open raw device 0
libmtp version: 1.1.11

Listing raw device(s)
   Found 1 device(s):
   Various: Viewpia DR/bq Kepler (2207:0001) @ bus 1, dev 3
Attempting to connect device(s)
Clearing stall on OUT endpoint
OK.

--- End code ---

This is also the same output I get from my attempt to build libmtp with a newer libusb.dll

Dave Yeo:
Here's the output with the logging dll

David McKenna:
 Thanks, Dave! New log attached. I added the line <HANG> at the point the hang occurs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version