Author Topic: New Laptop with AMD Processor  (Read 15624 times)

warp

Re: New Laptop with AMD Processor
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016, 11:13:07 am »
About the video card, 2 months ago on the display I got many times multi color stripes. It was under Win XP.
I did 2 tests with eCS 2.1 and everything was ok.
I tested the video card with the SNAP video driver.

Like you all of our computers have AMD processors from workstations to our servers and we would not change them for intel units even if someone paid us to do so.

Some of our clients have intel powered machines and we do repairs on machines with both types of processors.  All the workstations we build for clients are AMD powered and include AMD/ATI video cards.

Now a question.  When you say the video card is getting broken, what do you mean?  Our experience is that intermittent video is usually caused by damaged cables in the lid hinges with a secondary problem being overheating caused by dust build up on the coolers in the unit.

RickCHodgin

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2016, 02:47:08 pm »
Like you all of our computers have AMD processors from workstations to our servers and we would not change them for intel units even if someone paid us to do so.

Some of our clients have intel powered machines and we do repairs on machines with both types of processors.  All the workstations we build for clients are AMD powered and include AMD/ATI video cards.

I haven't been able to download the eCS demo cd.  Their website's not working properly I think as I've tried two separate email addresses.  I've sent them a contact/support message asking about it.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin

BigGoofyGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2016, 09:24:40 pm »
504 Gateway Time-out   nginx/1.1.19
I tried submitting to get the demo cd download but it timed out on me.
 :(
BigGoofyGuy

RickCHodgin

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2016, 09:15:21 pm »

I haven't been able to download the eCS demo cd.  Their website's not working properly I think as I've tried two separate email addresses.  I've sent them a contact/support message asking about it.

I still haven't heard anything from eCS.  I tried their support, but after I wrote my new message, it's now only showing messages from 2015 and older, so there may be buggy software involved.  When I go and try to download again, I sometimes get a message saying there's already an active download pending, but I haven't received an email about it.  It's not in my spam, trash, or regular inbox folder.

I was able to get the updated IBM OS/2 4.52 CD image to boot and install in VirtualBox on the AMD Laptop.  It installed without issue on a 522 MB virtual disk drive, and comes up normally.  I have not tried to set it up to access the network through VirtualBox extensions / add-ons.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin