Author Topic: Panorama video driver question  (Read 5473 times)

drjohnnyfever

Panorama video driver question
« on: August 04, 2016, 05:45:41 am »
Hello everyone

I have eCS 2.2 beta 2 running on a Dell Optiplex 760 using the onboard Intel graphics. I recently ponied up for my Arca Noae subscription and am very pleased so far but I have a small problem with the panorama driver. I can't run DOS or Win-OS/2 sessions in windows, only full screen. I get a "video mode not supported" error. I can run DOS sessions in windows using SNAP but I have a whole new world of issues then, probably because of SMP and ACPI.

Is this a hardware/VESA BIOS limitation or did I install something incorrectly?

Thanks

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
Re: Panorama video driver question
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 08:11:24 am »
DOS and Win-OS2 run fine here in windows and full screen with Panorama and Intel graphics. Did you upgrade from SNAP? If so there might still be pieces left.

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 05:34:38 pm »
From the eCS quick-start guide:

Q: When I try to start a DOS or Win16 window, I get a popup message saying that the video mode is not supported. What do I do?

A: You can try two things:

1. Edit your CONFIG.SYS file and locate the line which loads VSVGA.SYS. Add the following switch to the end of the line:

/int10textgrfxsafe

You may also need to edit AUTOEXEC.BAT and add the following lines to the end of the file:

mode co80
cls

2. If solution 1 does not work, try changing the name of the VSVGA.SYS driver in CONFIG.SYS to “VVGA.SYS” instead.
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

drjohnnyfever

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 06:12:54 pm »
I googled around for probably two hours, kind of amazed I never found that quick start guide. I ended up putting an NVIDIA 7200GS in the machine and my problem solved itself. I might go back to the Intel graphics and try those suggestions.

Thanks