OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - General > Events

Any questions for Warpstock 2016 ??

(1/5) > >>

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

I'm going to Warpstock 2016, I had complete the goal to assist and I will do my best to live video stream the event.

So, based on the tentative agenda, are there any questions you want me to present to the speakers?

Regards

Sergey Posokhov:
"When".

RickCHodgin:

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on October 09, 2016, 12:13:10 am ---Hi

I'm going to Warpstock 2016, I had complete the goal to assist and I will do my best to live video stream the event.

So, based on the tentative agenda, are there any questions you want me to present to the speakers?

Regards

--- End quote ---

Wish I could go.  No vacation time left.

I'm curious if any of the OS/2 kernel or C/C++ developers in general there would be open to the idea of helping me with the kernel and replacement programs so that we can provide a free OS/2 kernel through my ES/2 effort?

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

This are the question that had been sent to me for the moment:

1) A user is  interested in "uncrippled" odbc (dbase) drivers that will work with both VX-Rexx and VisPro Rexx. He had been using DBExpert but needs something more current since its GUI controls are heavily outdated.

2) Is there any roadmap for ArcaOS to support more hardware components.

3) There is a need to have current laptops supported with OS/2, since some users have it running on old Thinkpad laptops. Is there going to be some specific Wifi, USB , Video chipsets that are going to be listed as ArcaOS compliant?

4) Is ArcaOS going to ship with modern Intel Wifi drivers ?

This is what I have for the moment.

Regards

Joop:
Martin,
Plug and play with sticks regardless size without special OS/2 treatment. In other words use a stick with windows settings and plug it in an OS/2 machine without LVM treatment.
USB 3 (for speeding up backup)
Full USB implementation for add ons
More support for modern motherboards
Support 4Gb mem pro kernel, not 4Gb total
A perfectly working RPM, still too many misses.

Java 8?
What are they going to do with the office package?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version