Author Topic: Testing YouTube Live  (Read 16210 times)

David McKenna

• View Profile
Re: Testing YouTube Live
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2016, 08:42:26 pm »
 I'm seeing the same problem as Martin. Turned on SMPlayer logging (Settings->Advanced->Logs->Save SMPlayer log to a file) and I see the error 'SSL handshake failed' in the log. I have the latest openssl 1.0.2j installed (from ANPM). Any idea what may be wrong? I have also updated the youtube code with no change. Also deleted all files in the .smplayer folder and restarted and reset preferences, but still no luck...

Mark Szkolnicki

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2016, 09:47:37 pm »
I'm seeing the same problem as Martin. Turned on SMPlayer logging (Settings->Advanced->Logs->Save SMPlayer log to a file) and I see the error 'SSL handshake failed' in the log. I have the latest openssl 1.0.2j installed (from ANPM). Any idea what may be wrong? I have also updated the youtube code with no change. Also deleted all files in the .smplayer folder and restarted and reset preferences, but still no luck...

Hi Dave!

As mentioned in a post on Friday, I don't think SMPlayer will be the answer for YouTube Live streaming, based on what I found, repeated below:

"Reading on-line about SMPlayer and YouTube Live Streaming, I found the following at http://blog.smplayer.info/how-to-play-youtube-live-streams-with-smplayer/

"It’s also necessary to use SMPlayer with mpv, since MPlayer doesn’t seem to support very well live streams from YouTube. Visit http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/mpv.php to find out how to install SMPlayer with mpv"

I have been able to play YouTube Live files only for about 5 seconds, using:

Open URL

Settings in Preferences:

General - Video - kva (fast)
General - Audio - kai (dart mode) (although I have UniAud installed)
Network - YouTube (which I believe is the default)
Performance - Cache (streaming) - I put a large number in to see whether it would allow it to play longer - didn't see any improvement but thought it might be a solution.

I have a satellite connection, so I thought that might be the issue but Neil reported similar, so I suspect that was not the problem.

As Dave Yeo reported that an MPV and SMPlayer solution is unlkely given 3D acceleration not being available.  I would think SMPlayer seems to be a dead end at the moment for video streaming Warpstock (but works well for many other applications.

Best!

Mark
Vincit Que Se Vincit - "He Who Conquers Self Succeeds"

Mark Szkolnicki

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2016, 10:08:07 pm »
Unluckily IIRC MPV (which is a MPlayer fork) has a hard requirement for 3D acceleration, OpenGL in our case, so it won't be ported.
As for Firefox working with Flash. If you are using the recommended set MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH  it should just work. Check in add-ons that it isn't disabled.
Do you have the requirements for H264 video installed? You need to install the ffmpeg libs with yum or download libav from my bitbucket page and put the DLLs on your LIBPATH. This true for Firefox as well as SeaMonkey. See README.OS2

Hi Dave!

Reading your reply, I decided to see if I could help out Martin with his problem. But I use Seamonkey 2.35 B7 very sucessfully for my browsing, so hadn't really played with Firefox v38.0.8 much at all. I had it installed and it did come up, but I haven't had much time to do anything else with it.

I read your ReadMe thoroughly this time, and installed the latest support through ANPM including FFMPEG libs and restarted Firefox.

In the Add-Ons - Plug-Ins it indicates that "H264 video will be installed shortly", so I'm not quite sure if anything further is necessary to be done.

Regarding Flash, I have 0.4.1 (Flash 11) installed in the Moz_Plug directory for the partition, the environment variable is listed in CONFIG.SYS and is recognized by SeaMonkey 2.35 B7 (and plays Live Streams successfully). But it still is not recognized by Firefox, no explanation. (ie. it is not listed in the Firefox Plug-ins window, enabled or disabled)

It is on an eCS 2.2 partition - can you think of any reason why that may make a difference?

Best!

Mark
Vincit Que Se Vincit - "He Who Conquers Self Succeeds"

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2016, 11:24:44 am »
 Turns out the SMTube problem was a missing update to the QTNet4.dll file. Apparently the YUM QT4 package doesn't have it. Get it here: ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/qtapps/QtNet4_Fix_SSL.zip. Doesn't help with live streaming though.... it starts but then immediately hangs....
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 09:10:10 pm by David McKenna »

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2016, 12:07:23 am »
In my case after many tests, with this configuration works best is like me.
1-Disable the screen saver.
2-amouse:
wheel - set audio volume -select- page 3-5
Timing mpr 200
ma default
acceleration threshold 0

3-config.sys:
DEVICE=C:\OS2\BOOT\USBMOUSE.SYS /DEVICE:1
rem SET KAI_AUTOMODE=UNIAUD
SET KAI_AUTOMODE=DART
rem 0,1,o 2
rem SET MOZ_ACCELERATED=0
rem SET NSPR_OS2_NO_HIRES_TIMER=1

In all tests and settings, I failed with two different errors,
Type 1 is for video and sound, stop the play. (I fix unplugging and plugging back usb mouse continuous)
Type 2 The sound does as a loop, similar to a siren or alarm. (Giving to close the firefox and cancel continuous sound correctly)
I work sometimes minutes and sometimes even hours without problems.
I'm not using Smplayer

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2016, 10:23:28 pm »
Type 2 The sound does as a loop, similar to a siren or alarm. (Giving to close the firefox and cancel continuous sound correctly)
About this fail, Runing in command com with
[D:\usr\bin]ffplay   mifile.avi
and click the left mouse button, many times over the video, this give me the error
but if I run this
[D:\usr\bin]ffplay   -thread_type 8 myfile.avi   
I can not crash the sound. The default is 3