Author Topic: Is news.ecomstation.com still alive? Can't connect to it.  (Read 5202 times)

kinryuu

Is news.ecomstation.com still alive? Can't connect to it.
« on: November 19, 2016, 11:26:35 pm »
Hi,

I've tried to connect to news.ecomstation.com for several weeks now, and keep getting "connection timed out" message. Is it still operating? I opened a bug report at ecomstation.com, but haven't seen any updates. Anyone else still able to access it? I can access other news servers, e.g. news.mozilla.com.

Thanks,
KR

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: Is news.ecomstation.com still alive? Can't connect to it.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 12:40:50 am »
Hi Karen, welcome the forum.

Sadly we don't have any news about what is happening with eComStation in some time.

I just tried "news.ecomstation.com" on Thundebird and it gives a timeout. It also gives a ping timeout.

Maybe if you ask on the forum what is the bug that you are getting with eComStation someone can give a hand.

Regards.
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 02:03:33 am »
Hi Guys,

Hi Karen, welcome the forum.

Sadly we don't have any news about what is happening with eComStation in some time.

I just tried "news.ecomstation.com" on Thundebird and it gives a timeout. It also gives a ping timeout.

Maybe if you ask on the forum what is the bug that you are getting with eComStation someone can give a hand.

news.ecomstation.nl responds here - it's very quiet, but it's alive.

Cheers,

Paul

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 02:14:13 am »
It's still loading here. At least e.test where I just replied to a test message I posted on the 2nd. Reply hasn't shown up yet but I can load other messages.
Perhaps as an alternate, use comp.os.os2.ecomstation.
If you need a news server, try nntp.aioe.org. It is free and has lots of newsgroups