Author Topic: Where are my repository data?  (Read 6436 times)

Einar Lygre

• View Profile
Where are my repository data?
« on: December 13, 2016, 10:15:00 pm »
I just have installed eCS 2.2 to a new partition. I still have full access to the old version. After installation I have reinstalled some applications like Apache OO, Thunderbird, GenealogyJ etc. An easy task as I usually have them in a separate partition. For each of the applications I checked against ANPM if all the required  DLLs are installed. After downloaded Scribus I  checked for the required DLLs, and found the ANPM window empty - there was nothing. Under the YUM heading I tried to run different commands - Cleanup, Maintenance - but to no help. A message as shown was displayed. Nothing really happened when I pressed OK. Only the rotating progress symbol was displayed for a fraction of a second.
A clip from the ANPM.log tells something, but I don't know how I can use it.

----------[ 13 Dec 2016 12:53:06 ]----------
Executing: @python N:\TOOLS\ANPM\scripts\yum_list.py
Setting up yum
Adding temporary repositories
Initializing cache
Requesting package list
Return code: 0
----------[ 13 Dec 2016 12:53:37 ]----------
Executing: @python N:\TOOLS\ANPM\scripts\yum_files.py available libodin-capi20
----------[ 13 Dec 2016 12:54:10 ]----------
Executing: @python N:\TOOLS\ANPM\scripts\yum_files.py available libodin-capi20
----------[ 13 Dec 2016 12:54:22 ]----------
Executing: @python N:\TOOLS\ANPM\scripts\yum_files.py available libodin-security
----------[ 13 Dec 2016 12:58:08 ]----------
Executing: @python N:\TOOLS\ANPM\scripts\yum_provides.py libodin
----------[ 13 Dec 2016 13:33:38 ]----------
Executing: @python N:\TOOLS\ANPM\scripts\yum_files.py installed libstdc++6
----------[ 13 Dec 2016 13:34:20 ]----------
Executing: @python N:\TOOLS\ANPM\scripts\yum_files.py installed libc
----------[ 13 Dec 2016 14:20:59 ]----------
Executing: @python N:\TOOLS\ANPM\scripts\yum_list.py python
Setting up yum
Adding temporary repositories
Initializing cache
Requesting package list
----------[ 13 Dec 2016 14:21:34 ]----------
Executing: @python N:\TOOLS\ANPM\scripts\yum_files.py installed python
----------[ 13 Dec 2016 16:30:37 ]----------
Executing: @python N:\TOOLS\ANPM\scripts\yum_populate.py
ImportError: No module named site
----------[ 13 Dec 2016 16:30:37 ]----------
Executing: @python N:\TOOLS\ANPM\scripts\yum_list.py
----------[ 13 Dec 2016 16:30:52 ]----------
Executing: @python N:\TOOLS\ANPM\scripts\yum_list.py available
----------[ 13 Dec 2016 16:31:09 ]----------
Executing: @python N:\TOOLS\ANPM\scripts\yum_populate.py

It looks like the whole problem started at 13 Dec 2016 14:21:34 when it says installed Python. But Python seems to be the scripting language ANPM itself uses. Something here?
I hope someone can help me.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 11:11:54 pm by Einar Lygre »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
Re: Where are my repository data?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 01:15:43 am »
See https://www.arcanoae.com/wiki/anpm/non-updated-systems/
You can also share your RPM/YUM install by setting UNIXROOT, LIBPATH and PATH to the values in your older install.

Einar Lygre

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 01:52:19 pm »
Thank you Dave.
You led me on the right track, but for me the solution was a lot more easy. I just REM-ed out the Set PythonHome statement in config.sys and my repositories were back.

Mark Szkolnicki

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 05:04:28 pm »
Thank you Dave.
You led me on the right track, but for me the solution was a lot more easy. I just REM-ed out the Set PythonHome statement in config.sys and my repositories were back.

Hi Einar!

I was curious as to whether the Set PythonHome statement you mentioned was in your config.sys previous to installing ANPM?

I had an eCS 2.2 test partition which originally had RPM/YUM bootstrap installed, before ANPM was available and was having problems with the installed ANPM, so wiped it and reinstalled, installing just ANPM and got the same problem you had (blank windows) after Python was updated to 2.7.

Previously the solution was easy with the YUM/RPM bootstrap - simply edit the Bootstrap CMD files to point to the PYTHON 2.7 directory instead of PYTHON 2.6, as YUM would indicate version mismatch upon start. Doing that the problem disappeared. I suspect this is the same problem, however, with just ANPM installed I can't seem to find any reference to PythonHome anywhere, including in the config.sys in that partition (never have seen a Set Pythonhome environment variable there in the past).

I am going to try Daves suggestion related to UNIXROOT, PATH, etc,  in the interim, as I also have several partitions installed on that machine. I think the Arca Noae suggestions may need to be updated, as, trying them, I was having problems downloading OS2-base pkg update through ANPM (gave a window indicating that the 0.0.11 version could not be downloaded - no other mirrors to try). As I know its at 0.0.13, there may be some dependency problems there.

Best!

Mark

Vincit Que Se Vincit - "He Who Conquers Self Succeeds"

Mark Szkolnicki

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 01:28:54 am »
Actually I found an elegant solution to getting to ANPM on eCS 2.2 for a new installation.

1) When installing eCS 2.2 using Advance Installation, install only the POSIX framework instead of the complete RPM/YUM framework (its, I think, a menu choice in the fourth installation settings window in on the installation choices but I didn't note it exactly - its the choices window that specifies system configuration -eg. System Extensions, Documentation, Tools and Games, etc.)

2) When running ANPM for the first time (after rebooting after the initial ANPM installation), it says that no RPM/YUM installation is present, and ANPM will install it (it indicates that a working internet connection is required, which is needed by ANPM anyway).

3) It downloads a YUM base package from Arca Noae, which, when installed, contains all the most recent files to get started, with ANPM including a working Python 2.7 installation right from the start. (looked like the Arca Noae file was from August 25, 2016)

When downloading and installing, the package asks what partition you want UNIXROOT to be in - I placed it in a partition different than the eCS partition - don't know if that made any difference in the ease of installation).

But that was a lot easier that fooling around in the past with bootstraps and possibly mismatched files and dependencies.

Thought this might be useful for someone else and Best!

Mark
Vincit Que Se Vincit - "He Who Conquers Self Succeeds"

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 02:45:16 am »
Before rpm/yum was commonly used on OS/2, if you wanted Python, the readme said to put a Set PythonHome=... statement in your config.sys. I know I've had it in my config.sys when installing rpm/yum with the bootstrap and it has caused a few problems.
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com