Author Topic: Dell Inspiron (late 2015) 5000 series (AMD A8)  (Read 11528 times)

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
Re: Dell Inspiron (late 2015) 5000 series (AMD A8)
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2016, 08:44:32 pm »
I mentioned the bluetooth wireless device because it is a part of this machine and is fairly common on recent laptops. I know that it is probably unavailable but I wanted to list every component that did not have a workable driver. My goal is to produce a working, internet-connected workstation from this low-end laptop

You will probably have a long list, by the time you are finished. Best to ask if there is a driver.

I wanted to use the stock drivers from XEU until I could know absolutely which ones work and which do not (and why).  I am a subscriber to the eCS  software subscription and support and I literally didn't think of buying an additional one from Arca Noae. I just wanted to review this laptop in particular. For this review, I am assuming that an OS/2 user has a media pack for eCS and a basic software and update subscription.

Well, since XEU is basically out of the business, the path forward is with Arca Noae. I expect that they will still take your money, but don't expect anything in return.

Thank you. I'll try that. I used the R8169 because it was the default choice of the installer.

The eCS installer is way out of date now.

Quote from: Richard Crowley on December 19, 2016, 05:09:49 pm

WARNING: Some devices could not be assigned an interrupt (out of range).

This can solved with any update of ACPI drivers.

No. It must be ACPI 3.23.5, or later (may not actually be released yet).

Vendor 10ECh Realtek Semiconductor
 Device 8136h Unknown

I think this is a version similar to the 8139, which doesn't use the R8169 driver (although it does, apparently, work for some devices). I think it is a 100 Mbs device, while the 8169 is a 1 Gbs device. You should try the "Realtek 8139/8130/810x Fast Ethernet Adapter " driver. It may work better.