OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Programming

Have questions about porting software to eCS?

<< < (5/5)

TeLLie:
Hihi,

Now you mention it , yes thats true :P
But since i have set that, i don't see problems with 4os2

Andi B.:
Paul, did you made the dhconf.cmd in dhcp-3.1-esv-r3?

Paul Smedley:

--- Quote from: Andi B. on January 02, 2013, 12:15:42 am ---Paul, did you made the dhconf.cmd in dhcp-3.1-esv-r3?

--- End quote ---

Pretty sure Allan Holm is (ir)responsible or that :)

Doug Bissett:

--- Quote from: Doug Bissett on December 31, 2012, 05:45:04 am ---Thanks to Paul, I updated to his latest build environment, and applied the DIFF to the WGET 1.14 source (not sure that I did it right, but it works), and now I can build WGET 1.11.1 and WGET 1.14.  :-*

Unfortunately, I broke building PMMail when I did the update. I obviously deleted something that was added to something that got replaced.  :(

Oh well, you win some, and you lose some. Now, to sort out the PMMail build problem.

--- End quote ---

Well, it took a lot of time, but I got PMMail to build, and I can build WGET 1.14, using the DIFF described earlier by Paul.

I was going to restart a thread about building WGET 1.14, but it seems that all you need is Paul's latest build package, download the WGET package of choice from:

http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/wget/

(I took the 1.14 tar.gz package), unzip it, and follow Paul's instructions.

Once you get that far, you know that the build environment is basically working, so you can then progress to other projects. It is probably best to pick something relatively simple, that has been done before, so it will be easier to get help when something doesn't go as expected, before going on to building more advanced things (like VirtualBox).   ;D

Have fun... ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version