Author Topic: Thinkpad T41 and wireless connection  (Read 14843 times)

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
Re: Thinkpad T41 and wireless connection
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 08:35:16 pm »
LANTRAN.LOG, translated:

Code:

LT00073: FFST/2 is installed but not started. LANTRAN.LOG will be created.
IBM OS/2 LANMSGDD [05/21/04] 6.00 is loaded and activated.
IBM OS/2 LAN Netbind
WRND32$  WRAPPER : Helperw.exe must be started before NETBIND!.
PRO0021: A general error occured during the execution of a bind for TCPIP_NIF and W8086X4220_NIF.

Well, that tells you exactly what the problem is.  Apparently, you have lost the HELPERW.EXE line, or it got sorted to too late in CONFIG.SYS.

I recommend using my LCSS (Logical Config.Sys Sort) program, it is at HOBBES. Be sure to READ the instructions. The GENMAC installer should put the line into CONFIG.SYS, near the top, but it may not move it, if it already exists in the wrong place.

xynixme

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2017, 11:07:28 pm »
Spot on. IBM ThinkPad 20-series were involved, because several older, slightly different CONFIG.SYSes were combined. LCSS gets it right too. HELPERW is now the first network-related CALL/RUN item, before e.g. NETBIND, and GenMac is selectable with XWLAN.

xynixme

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2017, 03:50:37 am »
I recommend using my LCSS (Logical Config.Sys Sort) program

Both the installer and the Rexx app don't support all possibly dropped HPFS/JFS filenames. The Rexx app can produce a SYS1003 without an updated original file, or a damaged original file if e.g. the user repaired the installer's parameter setting of LCSS.CMD.

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2017, 06:03:14 am »
Both the installer and the Rexx app don't support all possibly dropped HPFS/JFS filenames. The Rexx app can produce a SYS1003 without an updated original file, or a damaged original file if e.g. the user repaired the installer's parameter setting of LCSS.CMD.

I am sorry, but I have no idea what you are trying to say.

xynixme

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2017, 11:13:50 am »
Is RXTT an OS component since eCS 2.x?

In general: if so, and HELP 1003 wasn't some clue, then go to a prompt near you and type: view rxtt36 file and directory names.

No quotes in the OS/2 command (a.o. the PARAMETERS-setting of the WPS object), no PARSEing of quotes, no quotes when executing an external OS/2 commands.

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2017, 06:09:54 pm »
Is RXTT an OS component since eCS 2.x?

In general: if so, and HELP 1003 wasn't some clue, then go to a prompt near you and type: view rxtt36 file and directory names.

No quotes in the OS/2 command (a.o. the PARAMETERS-setting of the WPS object), no PARSEing of quotes, no quotes when executing an external OS/2 commands.

I still have no idea what you are talking about. If there is a problem, please describe, exactly, how to reproduce it.