Author Topic: How to reinstall audio driver on Arcaos5  (Read 7096 times)

bobvirago

How to reinstall audio driver on Arcaos5
« on: May 22, 2017, 02:14:04 am »
I install the wrong audio sound , i choice the sb live , but my card is sb live 64

i try minstall  it dont go far , any sugestion

robert

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
Re: How to reinstall audio driver on Arcaos5
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 04:35:22 am »
This is how to remove an audio driver:

http://www.blondeguy.com/SoundCardEssay.html

I found this explanation of how to install a new sound card in OS/2, and it was the most elegant way I have seen. It assumes that you have a computer with working sound, or else a computer with MMOS2 installed, but no audio adapter.

This is a simple, safe way to uninstall your current sound card without having to do any selective install or delete the mmos2 subdirectory. I write OS/2 audio drivers and do this 8 or 9 times a day sometimes...

Boot to an OS/2 full screen prompt.
    tedit the config.sys and delete or Rem-out the audio driver and it's vdd (if there is one.)
    tedit the mmos2\mmpm2.ini
    in the [Drivers] section delete the lines that begin with:

"WaveAudio="
        "Sequencer="
        "Ampmix="

every element listed in these lines will have an associated section further down in the ini and you can delete them also if you want, but it is not necessary for this to work. it merely avoids clutter in the ini file.
    reboot.
    install the audio drivers.

That's it, it will work every time and is much easier than selective uninstall and deleting the mmos2 subdirectory.
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

bobvirago

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 03:16:02 pm »
Thanks The blondeguy

I follow yours instructions , i find any device driver in the config.sys  and mmp2.ini  i have CD and all the rest

i retyp minstall     , error dont find control.scr
i made a csearh file   control.scr   on the DVD , i find  one in s:\cid\server\mmos2\drivers\uniaud

and install the  uniaud drivers in config. and mmos2 , now it works  , my sound card  is sblive 24 bits

i install    \mplayer  and smplayer from my backup    , now i can play my wav and flac file  recorder at 24bits 96k

Thanks again
 :D

Robert

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 09:41:57 pm »
I think
Code: [Select]
minstall /f:filenameis the correcxt way to load the scr file