Author Topic: Conecting ARCA OS 5.0 to Windows 10 in peer network - Success  (Read 5262 times)

David Hart

• View Profile
For years I have attempted to connect to Windows 7 and 10 using the SMB/CIFS client in eCS with no luck. COTS Linux based network drives have worked.

Each machine is in the same workgroup and I have a common host list on each machine and the alias' do resolve for all other computers I have on the network. 

When I tried this with Arca OS 5.0, it still did not connect which was disappointing, then I tried using the IP Address of the windows box and it worked.

I don't know why using the machine name works for other boxes except the Windows 10 one, the other names resolve just fine.  I thought I would share this since it works and it may not be a solution people think of when trying to connect.

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
Re: Conecting ARCA OS 5.0 to Windows 10 in peer network - Success
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 04:26:44 am »
ArcaOS has just connected to my win 10 machines, since the beta where it got fixed. Some others have had strange problems.

I don't know why using the machine name works for other boxes except the Windows 10 one, the other names resolve just fine.

Try refreshing the LMHOSTS file. it may also help to put an entry into the HOSTS file, but that can be problematic if the address gets changed somehow.

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
Re: Conecting ARCA OS 5.0 to Windows 10 in peer network - Success
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 05:56:24 am »
For years I have attempted to connect to Windows 7 and 10 using the SMB/CIFS client in eCS with no luck. COTS Linux based network drives have worked.

For those that don't have Blue Lion yet, here's a guide for OS/2 and eCS users !

http://os2notes.duckdns.org/os2samba.html