Author Topic: Airboot scrached my master and unique archive GPT disk.  (Read 5881 times)

Remy

• View Profile
Airboot scrached my master and unique archive GPT disk.
« on: June 22, 2017, 12:21:55 pm »
After going into Airboot menu, I hidden some partition from ArcaOS. Then, I saw that win7 was unable to boot natively from its disk (win7 is on a different disk M.2 PCIe AHCI). I then removed hidden flags from under Airboot and could boot from bios into the win7 disk again....
But, what a surprise ! very sad surprise.
I have a 6TB GPT disk exclusively used under windows 7 with all my backups and all my archives and very important documents. This disk had only one 6TB partition but after changes I did under Airboot, this disk is now scrashed and I found on it 2 partitions ! One of 2TB and the rest as unassigned !  Airboot scrashed my GTP disk and all my datas ... it is very very dangerous and why did Airboot change my disk partitioning ?

How to recovery my disk and my datas ?  ( user data integrity problems )
Regards
RD.

Remy

• View Profile
Re: Airboot scrached my master and unique archive GPT disk.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 01:00:46 pm »
After many searches,  found a tool "testdisk" and give it a try under win7... It works, it found my disk was GPT and not classic MBR and it found the lost partition allowing me to write back the correct GPT entry and yes ! I get my disk back  :D

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download

Jochen Schäfer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 01:35:16 pm »
Yes, Testdisk is a great tool and is included in most WinPE distros, I saw.

karotlopj

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 07:06:42 pm »
Testdisk is a great tool - Would be nice to have an OS/2 version...