Author Topic: Availability of Firefox 45.9.0 as .rpm file  (Read 22287 times)

roberto

• View Profile
Re: Availability of Firefox 45.9.0 as .rpm file
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2017, 05:37:04 pm »

Can you show your directory structure for where you installed FF? XUL.DLL is right in the main directory alongside FF.EXE...so how do you have your LIBPATH set?
LIBPATH=.;C:\usr\local\lib;C:\usr\lib;C:\PROGRAMS\NETSCAPE\PROGRAM;C:\SYS\DLL;C:\OS2\DLL;C:\IBMGSK50\LIB;C:\IBMGSK40\LIB;C:\IBMGSK\LIB;C:\MPTN\DLL;C:\TCPIP\DLL;C:\IBMCOM\DLL;C:\OS2\MDOS;C:\;C:\OS2\APPS\DLL;C:\MMOS2\DLL;C:\SYS\APPS\AMOUSE;C:\PRTUTILS\MARKVIS;C:\MMOS2\FREEDB;C:\PROGRAMS\NDFS;C:\SYS\APPS\4OS2;C:\PROGRAMS\ARCTOOL;C:\PROGRAMS\OPENJDK\BIN;d:\DBEXPERT;
C:\usr\bin\firefox.exe
C:\usr\lib\firefox-45.9.0\firefox.exe
saludos

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2017, 06:12:32 pm »
LIBPATH=.;C:\usr\local\lib;C:\usr\lib;C:\PROGRAMS\NETSCAPE\PROGRAM;C:\SYS\DLL;C:\OS2\DLL;C:\IBMGSK50\LIB;C:\IBMGSK40\LIB;C:\IBMGSK\LIB;C:\MPTN\DLL;C:\TCPIP\DLL;C:\IBMCOM\DLL;C:\OS2\MDOS;C:\;C:\OS2\APPS\DLL;C:\MMOS2\DLL;C:\SYS\APPS\AMOUSE;C:\PRTUTILS\MARKVIS;C:\MMOS2\FREEDB;C:\PROGRAMS\NDFS;C:\SYS\APPS\4OS2;C:\PROGRAMS\ARCTOOL;C:\PROGRAMS\OPENJDK\BIN;d:\DBEXPERT;
C:\usr\bin\firefox.exe
C:\usr\lib\firefox-45.9.0\firefox.exe
saludos

OK, so hang on a sec...you unzipped the *.7z file into your \usr\xxx directory structure? Normally this is where the actual RPM installer (either ANPM or YUM) would toss things into...you can certainly put things there manually, but I think that is not a good idea. I prefer to let RPM deal with it's own stuff and I deal with my own by keeping the locations separate.

...and where did you put the \usr\lib\firefox... stuff? This is where the XUL.DLL exists and if you manually unzipped this over your RPM \usr\xxx directory structure then most likely firefox.exe is not finding it since that location is not in your LIBPATH.

Only a guess here, but if you install FF from the official RPM package (once it becomes available) the intent is for the XUL.DLL to go into \usr\lib. I do NOT know this for a fact, but on my system here all the RPM DLLs pretty much end up here, therefore I have no reason to believe this would be any different with FF RPM package.

Andreas Schnellbacher

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2017, 08:22:52 pm »
Back to the topic: In the meantime Lewis added an item to the AN blog.

Citing the interesting part: "More details will be provided in an upcoming post."

Apparently it will take a few more days.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2017, 01:53:24 am »
Stuff needs to be moved from the netlabs exp repository to the stable repository at least.

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2017, 04:01:37 pm »
I had Firefox 45 beta 8 running, and all I needed to do was fetch libc and libcx from Netlabs-exp, and install them with RPM. Then I rebooted.

I unzipped (p7zip) the distribution and made objects based on the new location of firefox. I did do the yum update specificed in the readme, and it fails in ways that are predictable since I put in newer libc and libcx.

It works. Printing isn't going to make people very happy, because only postscript printers are supported. My maps bug is apparently fixed, or at least better than it was.
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

Ian Manners

• Global Moderator
  • I am the computer, it is me.
    • View Profile
    • ComKal Networks Australia
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2017, 07:59:42 pm »
only postscript printers are supported

If you do not have a postscript printer, install one so you can still print to file as a PDF.
Cheers
Ian B Manners

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2017, 08:31:53 pm »
Whwn I run Firefox.exe I'm getting: "Checking your add-ons for compatibility with this version of Firefox.
This may take a few minutes." It then returns to the command prompt.

Any Ideas as to what I'm missing or might have done wrong?

Rene Hvidsoe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2017, 10:59:30 pm »
Have you tried to make a new profile by renaming the Firefox to ex Firefox_old.

Then see  if that works for you.

Profile is in c:\home\mozilla\firefox per default.

Maybe disable some addons that you might have from the other installed Firefox.

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2017, 11:08:31 pm »
Thanks for the reply Rene, It turns out , I've got libc-0.6.6-32 & libc-0.6.6-devel-32 installed rather than the "35" updates. I've downloaded the .rpm's for libc "35" updates but yum doesn't want to update them -- guess I'm stuck till arcanoae-rel makes them available.   But I'll try what you suggested in the meantime.

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2017, 11:15:08 pm »
I do not know if you can use this trp file, which I attach. But keep in mind that I have forced it to generate it, changing it in the file dependentlibs.list , xul.dll changed to #xul.dll To try to know where it breaks
saludos