OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Mail-News

PMMail: 2.00.xx to 3.22 migration...what to do?

<< < (3/3)

Doug Bissett:

--- Quote ---I did file a request for a new ID on the bugtracker, but it's been a couple of hours now and I still have not received anything in my email. I'll give it a bit more time.
--- End quote ---

Did you get a response to this? Apparently the ID was created, and sent. If you didn't get it, I will see if I can figure out what happened.

Dariusz Piatkowski:
Hi Doug!

--- Quote from: Doug Bissett on October 14, 2017, 05:13:19 pm ---Did you get a response to this? Apparently the ID was created, and sent. If you didn't get it, I will see if I can figure out what happened.

--- End quote ---

Yes, yes I did, a bit later on in the day though. No problem, I will get the ID confirmed on Mantis though, otherwise what's the point of creating one?

You are right, I will not be logging this as a bug though. I was able to come up with a work-around, although the fact that my GROUP.DB file is empty is somewhat strange, because if I understood correctly this stores the Address Book Groups...and I certainly do have them present in my old PMMail...sooo??? LOL

I will just toss this up to the ancient version of PMMail I have been running. No sense spending any more time on something that's suspect to start off with.

Doug, thank you once again for all the insights, suggestions and help, greatly appreciated!

Doug Bissett:

--- Quote ---You are right, I will not be logging this as a bug though. I was able to come up with a work-around, although the fact that my GROUP.DB file is empty is somewhat strange, because if I understood correctly this stores the Address Book Groups...and I certainly do have them present in my old PMMail...sooo??? LOL
--- End quote ---

Probably easiest to just recreate the groups. They probably needed trimming anyway.  :)

--- Quote ---I will just toss this up to the ancient version of PMMail I have been running. No sense spending any more time on something that's suspect to start off with.
--- End quote ---

It would be interesting to know what the real problem was. Obviously, there was something wrong with that file, since you couldn't do a CLI copy. However, trying to figure it out could be an exercise in frustration.

--- Quote ---Doug, thank you once again for all the insights, suggestions and help, greatly appreciated!
--- End quote ---

Glad to help. I hope PMMail works well for you, and I hope we can find somebody to do more work on it. The project is mostly paused, at the moment, but it is definitely not dead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version