Author Topic: DBEXPERT crash with thunderbird open and firefox  (Read 14481 times)

xynixme

Re: DBEXPERT crash with thunderbird open and firefox
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2017, 12:48:51 am »
Exactly, but where is the problem?

</silence>
Yes, easier said than done, and I'm not using DBE. Nevertheless in design mode there is a difference, which suggests that other people cannot always fully reproduce all of your findings.

The problem is that the sysinit, when it is almost quiescent, works well and when it is stressed, it fails.
I have used the dbexpert for many years, and it is very reliable.

Well spotted, and I can imagine that any version of FF stresses the system too.

Just checking: if ye olde DBE is working for many years, then how old and clean is the installed (operating) system? Can you, being a  power user of DBE and a DBExpertExpert over here, perhaps reproduce the problem with a fresh, own second system?

It's probably 100% unrelated, but recently I've lost about 800 non-DBE, simple database records over here. A reinstall of the OS was required to be able to save all recreated records again. The unknown (hard-related?) real problem won't be solved by this specific "repair".
<silence>

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2017, 06:06:49 pm »
Double cliking the dbe-file results in a crash while opening it from DBE works.
Something seems to be wrong with the form FMENU2, it won't open in design mode.

The form TEST works and the button "CRASH?" sometimes brings up the form "Libros a prelegalizar" and sometimes it crashes.
(No difference if Firefox or Seamonkey is running or not.)
If you want you can try this patch:
http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/incoming/cpul2.zip
It does not repair the problem, but it improves a lot. Now it just fails. It seems that the problem is the moment to launch the programs and the use of the cpu, when it is 100%, it fails and when it is below 98% it improves.
Saludos

ak120

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2017, 03:06:05 am »
I have problems with Dbexpert, which sometimes closes without a just cause, and I say this because the applications are the same, and before they worked.
With the applications that cause the Dbexpert to close, I get the following results:
Thunderbird 38.08.07b everything ok I have no problems.
Thunderbird 45.5.0 crash dbexpert
Firefox 38.08 crash dbexpert
Firefox 45.5.0 crash dbexpert
How you're starting this applications in which environment? Is only one of the Mozilla applications active while running DBExpert, or two of them at the same time? Additionally the screen size and colour depth of your PM session could be helpful. Which presentation device drivers (especially for the display adapter) are installed and used?

Some help?
It may be not a direct help. Does Seamonkey show the same problems? I simply need more details for an educated guess.

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2017, 04:09:09 pm »
Hello Andreas,
I get the feeling that you have not seen my previous message.

I'm not a technician, just a user. But from my point of view, it's not a screen problem. Nor of resolution.
Although for your doubts I'm using Panorama 16m. 1280x800. I do not try it with the seamonkei.
For me the problem is that the Dbexpert is a very old application, which works in monoprocessor.
 And when he makes the query and looks for a processor, if he finds it at 100%, he does not look for another,
 returns an error and stops. But when all the processors are at a maximum 98% seems to work well.
What I do not know is if it is the processor that tells the program to look at another processor,
or it is the other way around and it is the program that is looking for another processor.
saludos

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2017, 06:06:26 pm »
Have you tried marking the DBEXPERT binaries as MPUNSAFE (use only one processor)? You can do it with the markexe utility, might have to install the os2toolkit to get the utility.
markexe /? for help
markexe MPUNSAFE foo.exe
Never hurts to backup first.

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2017, 10:35:50 pm »
C:\OS2\EXECMODE.EXE will also mark binaries s MPUNSAFE, and it is included in all current versions of OS/2.

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2017, 12:24:17 am »
markexe MPUNSAFE foo.exe
Thanks, but after installing os2toolkit, and executing the markexe, it fails the same. My solution works better.