Author Topic: Applications Needed - Multimedia  (Read 4631 times)

the5thQ

Applications Needed - Multimedia
« on: October 23, 2017, 06:11:04 pm »
sharing with you, the DREAM, yet again...I sent out the mssg. that I have a lot of IBM stuff...I do not know if the older shareware from IBM & Compatable sources, like DONNUX, Inc., et. al. are portable over to OS/2 or in fact if any of that generation are useable directly. Some of the titles can be searched on Hobbes, which I have used for many decades for downloading PC & Compatables which some of which may already had been released for PS/2 as well. The key word, "compatable" used to mean that many apps in the 80's were already useable with pre-windows, UNIX and OS/2 platforms. Do you know of a cross-reference portal for older apps that may have been designed for use w/o porting them over? I have a very large collection of studio apps and have thousands of disks with olde shareware. Some studio titles that I am interested in finding for OS/2 in a native form are:

the MIDI JUKEBOX Viz.: DIGITAL DISK JOCKEY

VOICE BLASTER, JR. V2.2

SURF's UP! V3.0

AMF MUTI-MEDIA JUKEBOX which is also a WIN Program requiring VBRUN300...

...all the above were common in 1995, not necessarily downloadable from Hobbes nor are they apps released just for OS/2-however some in my vast collection including VLC may have already been ported or released for OS/2 initially?

I still have many Software LABs disks that I am researching-trying to find if they have been ported to OS/2 back in the day or were released as OS/2 progs...I do not know if Nelson Ford had intended to have shareware delivered to the public for anything other than TwinDOZE.

BTW, I am also trying to find out if the  Game "Wild Ride" -surf shack- A run and gun arcade game; distro by INTERplay [on CD for WIN 95] was ever released or has been ported for OS/2 Ver x.x?

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: Applications Needed - Multimedia
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 10:52:05 pm »
Hi Jon

Sorry, I slipped the topic since it was more like a different question from the original post.

I don't know much about the software you listed.

- VOICE BLASTER, JR. V2.2 . I found it on the Internet Archive, it even runs on the browser. I'm not sure what it does, but I think that app will run on OS/2's Win16 session. But I' not sure of what it does to try to find a replacement on the OS/2 platform.

I don't know about the other apps. Maybe you post some details of what it does, maybe ting similar can be found.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.