Poll

How many of you use the comet cursor on OS/2?

Have tried it, don't use it now
0 (0%)
Use it sometimes
0 (0%)
Love it, always on
0 (0%)
Not interested
0 (0%)
What do you mean "Comet Cursor"?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: December 05, 2018, 06:59:20 pm

Author Topic: Comet Cursor Mouse Users  (Read 12527 times)

RickCHodgin

Comet Cursor Mouse Users
« on: November 21, 2018, 06:59:20 pm »
The poll will run for 14 days, and the results will be posted afterward.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: Comet Cursor Mouse Users
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 07:29:44 pm »
Hi Rick

On my opinion I like having the feature to find the mouse pointer easily on the desktop. I think that comet cursor helps on that area, but I also found interesting the Mac OS (El Capitan) solution for this, when you shake your mouse, the pointer will grow on a size that is hard to miss (here it is some info). Of course that the idea will be always to have this features with the option to turn it on/off :)

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

RickCHodgin

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 08:07:25 pm »
Hi Rick

On my opinion I like having the feature to find the mouse pointer easily on the desktop. I think that comet cursor helps on that area, but I also found interesting the Mac OS (El Capitan) solution for this, when you shake your mouse, the pointer will grow on a size that is hard to miss (here it is some info). Of course that the idea will be always to have this features with the option to turn it on/off :)

Regards

THAT sounds like a NICE feature!  I love it. :-)  "Come here, son.  Watch this."

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 10:19:42 pm »
I use comet cursers because it is easier to find and track the mouse.  Windows has a freeware program along the same lines, but it allows the user to select the tail that is used for the cursor, a ball, football, star, etc along with different color versions.  I use this while I have to use Windows.

RickCHodgin

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 10:42:37 pm »
I use comet cursers because it is easier to find and track the mouse.  Windows has a freeware program along the same lines, but it allows the user to select the tail that is used for the cursor, a ball, football, star, etc along with different color versions.  I use this while I have to use Windows.

My son has a Chromebook, and one of the add-ons is a glitter mouse cursor.  Wherever you move the mouse it shoots off and deposits glitter all around that area of the screen and it hangs around for a little while, then vanishes.  The lifespan is only a second or so, but the effect is quite visible.

I thought I would hate it when he described it, but I really like it.  It adds a degree of "happy" to your computer use. :-)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 10:45:12 pm by Rick C. Hodgin »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 12:32:02 am »
Some versions of Mozilla did not play nice with the comet cursor. Forget the specifics now and hopefully no longer a problem.

RickCHodgin

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 04:17:02 pm »
The poll is over, but I lost the results.  I'd like to have some feedback though.

If you're interested, please post here or send me a private message based on a 1-10 rating of how interested you are:

1=not interested
10=definitely want it

Thank you.

Eugene Tucker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 01:36:48 pm »
I think it would be useful. myself.

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 04:49:30 pm »
I use it all the time.  It is helpful finding the mouse since the mouse size is limited to 32x32 pel.