Author Topic: Hardware Reports / Reviews - More - MORE !!!!  (Read 33930 times)

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: Hardware Reports / Reviews - More - MORE !!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2017, 06:13:37 pm »
Thank you for your reports.

I keep trying to update the wiki:
- Conceptronic CSOUNDU C08-041 USB Audio Stick
- Logitech USB Headset H340
- Mini Portable 3G/4G Wireless-N Hotspot AP 150Mbps RJ45

The wiki is far for perfect but it is taking shape :)

Keep posting more hardware. (Include the HardwareID and report if applies).

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Olafur Gunnlaugsson

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2017, 06:26:03 pm »
Yes, that is a MIDI device. However, I was thinking about a USB device with a built-in synthesizer/wavetable that generates audible output from the input MIDI stream. Much like what normal sound cards did/do.
In short: something you can throw a MIDI file at and then you can listen to some sort of sound output.
I don't know if that exists. Maybe MIDI is dead.

They exist, they are no longer a mass market option however as people have mostly moved to built in soundsets, Ketron is the biggest player in those and German company Miditech sells them as well, but Roland still has at the least one model in their lineup although that is not sold worldwide anymore but primarily in Japan and NA and Yamaha has a unit available for the Japanese market only, where GM sequencing is still a thing.

http://www.ketronmusic.co.uk/Products/Ketron/micro_modules/index.html
https://www.ketron.it/en/products/content/35-moduli-suono/

Note that the Italian site is a bit "fu*ked, their SD2 and SD1000 are excellent if a bit pricy.

http://miditech.de

These can sometimes be a bit difficult to track down as they are made in batches, they are also confusingly called "Pianoboxes".
Thomann usually have them in stock
https://www.thomann.de/gb/miditech_sound_modules_expanders.html

https://www.roland.com/us/products/mobile_studio_canvas/

If you want some cheap fun and already have a MIDI interface of some sort, track down an old Kawai G-Mega, the soundset is old-school but they go for next to nothing second hand and the built in synth is a hoot to play around with.

Wim Brul

• View Profile
    • Wim's home page
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2017, 11:38:14 am »
Hi Martin,

Right now I am also using the AUDIOPHONICS U-SABRE LTE with the latest (10.220) Lars Erdmann USB driver set.

This is a USB adaptive playback only device. It works best when connected through a USB 2.0 hub.

This adapter contains the SA9027/ ES9023 chip set.

Regards,

Wim
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 11:44:41 am by Wim Brul »

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2017, 02:21:55 pm »
Thank you Wim. Let me know if you want to add anything else to the page:

- AUDIOPHONICS U-SABRE LTE

Everybody, just keep posting your hardware reports.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2017, 01:53:00 pm »
Another printer running Lemark CS410dn (A4 laser color) with the legacy driver of the Lexmark C750 pscript.
You only have a problem with lucide, always print on two faces, when you select postscript, and on one side if you select as an image.
He ignores what the driver tells him.

I have found an offer for less than 120 euros. If someone is interested:
https://www.sotel.de/index.php?cl=details&cnid=1322&anid=1000133401&listtype=search&searchparam=impresora&&shp=oxbaseshop&lang=5
Saludos

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2017, 03:21:22 pm »
Hi Robert

Is the Lemark CS410dn running with the regular USB drivers or with CUPS?
Can you please share the USB report of the printer if it is runing iwth the USB drivers?

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2017, 04:18:55 pm »
Is the Lemark CS410dn running with the regular USB drivers or with CUPS?
with the legacy driver of the Lexmark C750 pscript. I run it with net port SLPR
Can you please share the USB report of the printer if it is runing iwth the USB drivers?
Tomorrow I can check it, but I understand that should not have any problem the USB port.
saludos

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2017, 09:05:56 am »
Hello Martin,
This printer only has one RJ45 network port. The usb is not to be harnessed to a PC, but to print from a USB stick. I tried with a usb spike with fat32, and without problems you can print pdf and jpg.
saludos

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2017, 02:04:52 pm »
Hi Roberto.

So, the printer is connected and working with OS/2 using the network port, right? Using SLPR port over TCP/IP, right?

Remember that I'm not good with printers, I knot that printers are important, but I just don't use them much.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2017, 07:00:52 pm »
So, the printer is connected and working with OS/2 using the network port, right? Using SLPR port over TCP/IP, right?
Network : is yes, tcpip is yes,
SLPR el puerto slpr es muy sencillo de usar y configurar, solo tiene dos valores la ip de la impresora y el nombre de host. Similar a 192.168.1.101 y dhcppc1. Para conocer el nombre de host solo necesitas encender la impresora y que te imprima las configuraciones de red. Por la pantalla le puedes poner la ip que tu quieras.
Remember that I'm not good with printers, I knot that printers are important, but I just don't use them much.
This is one of the printers I've had and I have been easier to configure I installed. You just have to open install printer and the drivers that you have installed in your system to select the model that I told you earlier. But for any question you have this forum.
I have a couple of comments to ask you, the price of the Tonner in Lexmark is higher than the price of the printer, look at it.
Also me to past that after installing this driver, the pmpdf that had configured to generate the PDF in automatic I stopped working, but I changed the driver of the printer PDFWriter that default is Apple Color ..12/600 by the c750 and all OK.
Also the Dbexpert when it was connected to a xerox6500 for print, give me an error, but to see the configuration of the Xerox the Xerox driver itself,The driver himself suggested I change the UserID by - and the password for - and all OK. I run the xerox6500 with a psprint driver.
I tested the next programs with the CS410dn, pmview foto perfect, open office is ok, dbexpert is ok, lucide have same problems.(see previous comment)

Saludos

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2017, 09:01:55 pm »
Gracias Roberto.

I had created the following page on the Wiki:
- Lexmark CS410dn
Remember that you can change that page with the same userid and password of this forum.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

dcull

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2018, 01:09:48 pm »
This report of the  Lexmark CS410dn running under legacy Lexmark C750 pscript drivers is very interesting!
It's available from Amazon.it (with a warehouse 20km for here) for 120 euros.
I am presently 'back and forth' with AN Mantis bug tracker to try to get an HP LaserJet pro M252dw working , with no success so far. I need a printer. The specs on the Lexmark web site say that this machine has two usb ports; one on the front for 'flash drives' and one on the back, I would assume for connecting to a pc.
If you could confirm that its possible to use usb from the pc (ArcaOS 5.0.1) for printing to CS410dn I can put it on my 'backup list' and feel more confident in a way forward.
tia for your comments and suggestions.

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2018, 08:53:23 am »
If you could confirm that its possible to use usb from the pc (ArcaOS 5.0.1) for printing to CS410dn I can put it on my 'backup list' and feel more confident in a way forward.
I can confirm that the usb port works correctly, the problem was that the port was covered with paper and I did not see it the other day when Martin asked me.
Saludos