Author Topic: Hi IRQ SCSI adapter  (Read 9438 times)

David McKenna

• View Profile
Hi IRQ SCSI adapter
« on: June 02, 2013, 11:22:47 pm »
 Does anyone know of a SCSI adapter that has an eCS driver capable of using IRQs above 15? I am looking to replace an old Adaptec U160 adapter...

Pete

• View Profile
Re: Hi IRQ SCSI adapter
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 03:23:30 pm »
Hi David

In short: No.

You may want to have a look through the ecs ngs though just in case there is anything more useful than the thread  SCSI card that works with SMP and ACPI? in ecomstation.support.hardware.

Probably the only useful bit of advice I can give is to use the /VW switch to prevent ACPI setting high IRQs.

Regards

Pete

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 05:41:34 pm »
Does anyone know of a SCSI adapter that has an eCS driver capable of using IRQs above 15? I am looking to replace an old Adaptec U160 adapter...

I know of no such thing. However, the latest ACPI should detect that you have a SCSI adapter, that doesn't support high IRQs, and it should effectively automatically apply the "/VW" switch, whether you add it, or not. It seems to work with my old test system, which uses a Tekram DC-390U card, with the SYM8XX.ADD driver.

Interestingly, that SCSI card won't work with my newer systems  (even in windows XP, which gets really upset. ECS just ignores it). I only need it for my old scanner, so I am not too concerned about it, at the moment. I will be replacing the scanner, once I find the time to figure out what to replace it with (probably USB, but possibly a multifunction printer, since I need a printer too). SATA seems to be the replacement for disk, and CD/DVD drive support.

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 12:33:57 am »
 Thanks guys... that's what I thought but I wanted to check just in case there was something out there. I did look through all the SCSI driver packages on Hobbes and didn't see anything there, but hope springs eternal so I came here. Guess I'll just get another Adaptec.

guzzi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 09:32:58 pm »
Do you need a pci or isa scsi card? I have a few lying around.

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 12:08:26 am »
Hi guzzi,

Thanks for the offer! It turns out someone I know at work had one laying around in a drawer they let me have. 2 other people had surplus ones at home. Amazing how many of these things can be found if you look...