Author Topic: Problems booting ArcaOS  (Read 16066 times)

Andi B.

• View Profile
Re: Problems booting ArcaOS
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2018, 09:49:29 am »
Tell me that when os2ahci actually sees and works with the ASMedia ahci chips.  ...
I do not see any evidence that this thread is about shortcomings of ASMedia chips before this post of you. I didn't talk about problems with your chip nor os2ahci may having problems with your board. Or more likely ACPI shutdown may not work correct on your system. I think I've clearly quoted what I'm talking about.

Believe it or not, wear leveling is the job of the SSD controller.

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2018, 10:52:52 pm »
I also have this problem with my laptop, hp8540w.
The bios recognizes in the boot the two disks, the first one is ssd, and the second one is external esata. The first with the system always starts, the second data sometimes does not load at startup.
The airboot114 always shows both discs.
  What works best is to turn off the laptop and unplug the esata along with the power USB with the notebook turned off, wait 10 seconds, plug it in again and turn it on.
Maybe it could be a problem of the shutdown, which never really turns off, does a reset.
saludos

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2018, 07:27:55 pm »
A couple of links to SSD information.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/How_to_Damage_a_FLASH_Storage_Device
How to Damage a FLASH Storage Device

https://lwn.net/Articles/428584/
Optimizing Linux with cheap flash drives

Before anyone says that they are old, all the information I have been able to find from manufacturers is that most of that information still applies today especially with multi layer flash devices.

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2018, 11:32:58 am »
Hello Pete
You could try emptying the bin. Since I did it, I had three starts without problems. I do not know if it will happen by chance.
saludos