OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Networking

openvpn configuration?

(1/10) > >>

Mike Snyder:
I see that there is a port of openvpn in the unix ports section of Netlabs Projects.  I can't tell who created it, maintains it, or how to configure it.  I have openvpn working on a Linux box, but don't know where to put the pieces in ArcaOS5.  Can anyone offer some knowledge about this?

Pete:
Hi Michael

I must admit to not knowing anything about openvpn myself so had a quick look.

Looking at the webpage http://trac.netlabs.org/ports/wiki/openvpn I think the sections Reporting Bugs and Credits are the closest answers to the "who created it, maintains it" questions - although it is more a case of who ported it rather than created it.

Looking at the zip file contents I would guess that the executable can be placed in a directory of your choice.
The supporting dll files look like they should be in the \user\lib\ directory - possibly on the boot drive if that directory does not already exist on your system and possibly added to the LibPath. You may have to experiment a little.

Due to lack of docs included I suggest you check out the links found in the Community section of the wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenVPN - hopefully you will get some clues about configuration from those links.

Regards

Pete

Mike Snyder:
I put the executable in x:/etc/openvpn, and also put one of the config files from a vpn provider that I have set up on a linux box in the same directory.  I put the .dlls in x:/usr/lib.  Openvpn actually starts and asks for my userid and password, but then gives several error messages that I don't understand or know how to deal with that have to do with routing and gateway information.  I suspect that I need someone who understands OS/2, rather than Linux or Windows, to help me with those.

Thanks for the information.  I'll look there.

Martin Iturbide:
Hi Michael.

I also have zero experience with openvpn. Maybe you can post the several error messages that it produce. Maybe someone may see those errors familiar.

Regards

Andreas Schnellbacher:
The chance is low for your case, but Cisco routers are that much popular, that it may be of interest for some people:

Maybe you are trying to connect to a Cisco router. That can only work, if you also have the IPSec protocol available, which doesn't exist for OS/2, AFAIK.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version