Author Topic: Gimp on OS/2  (Read 93053 times)

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
Re: Gimp on OS/2
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2013, 09:17:49 am »
Hi Dave,

Hi Paul, what is your recipe for compiling odinized cairo? Which freetype, fontconfig etc are you using and how do you run configure?

I'm using the same freetype and fontconfig as I would normally use.

I've created a special gcc446.cmd for odin, with a modified config.site to along with it.

Primarily, these add some defines to cflags - ie -D__WIN32OS2__ -D_WIN32 - the former to satisfy some odin headers, the latter to trick some configure scripts into thinking it's win32.  They also add the odin32 libs to the library path ahead of my normal library path.

To configure win32 cairo, I'm using:
set LIBS=-lkernel32 -luser32
ash ./configure --prefix=/odin32 --enable-win32=yes --enable-os2=no --disable-shared --enable-static 2>&1 | tee configure.log

Hope this helps,

Paul

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2013, 09:34:23 am »
Hi All,

Not a whole lot to report this week.  I've had a ghastly week at work, so not a lot of time to work on much OS/2 related.

I do have a simple 'hello world' compiling, but I get a SIGSEGV trying to run it.

I added exceptq support to the helloworld test, output is at http://smedley.id.au/2e07_01.trp just need to decipher it now :)

Cheers,

Paul.

melf

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2013, 05:03:46 pm »
Hi All,

//---I've had a ghastly week at work, so not a lot of time to work on much OS/2 related. ---//

Paul.

Hi Paul,

OT: Is it really possible to work at all with the terrible heat that seems to be all over Australia? I heard that the temperature would rise up to 55 Celsius the nearest days...

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2013, 10:42:20 pm »
OT: Is it really possible to work at all with the terrible heat that seems to be all over Australia? I heard that the temperature would rise up to 55 Celsius the nearest days...

I could say the same about europe where it gets to minus whatever it is :)

The hottest day we've had here in Adelaide this summer was 45C last Friday.  Fortunately, we were still on vacation then :)

At my employer, for the factory workers, when the temperature is above 35C, they get 10 minutes of heat relief per hour.  If it's over 40C, it's 15 minutes per hour.  There is of course, some cooling in the plant :)

55C would only be in central Australia which is mostly desert.

melf

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2013, 11:27:52 pm »
I guess you're right.. In Sweden I think that temperatures above 35 C would entail no work at all. On the other side construction workers continues their work even if it is -20 C. In an article I read that the authorities suggest a micro pause once in a while and an employee says: "sometime you just have to go in to thaw out (right expression?) your face and hands". In a comment a man says: "My father was in the military service on Gotland during the war, he was out in minus 40-45 C and I never heard him complain. What has happened to the Swedish people who whines for the slightest discomfort"  :)

Matt Walsh

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2013, 05:37:25 pm »
Paul, I know you have to put a lot of time into an issue like this and I'm sure I would be willing to pay some for use of this program under OS/2 - eCS 2.  I would even put money up in advance, just like a number of us put in money for the Hobbes, and the new OS/2 World setup.
Matt W. :)

Thomas M.

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2013, 08:49:57 pm »
So would I.
Just don't know to whom and Where to pay to.

Thomas

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2013, 09:49:17 pm »
Paul, I know you have to put a lot of time into an issue like this and I'm sure I would be willing to pay some for use of this program under OS/2 - eCS 2.  I would even put money up in advance, just like a number of us put in money for the Hobbes, and the new OS/2 World setup.
Matt W. :)

Safest way to me would be for the os2world guys to get the bounty system back up and running. There was a previous bounty for a port of GTK.

I personally would not be comfortable asking for money in advance to do this work, largely as there's no guarantee that it will ever be completed. (ie I may hit obstacles that I cannot overcome).

If people want to support my efforts, with no commitment to getting the port working, they can do so via the links on my site.

Cheers,

Paul

Michaelhz

« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2013, 08:46:55 pm »
Hello Paul,

any news regarding gtk port? I do not want to seem impatient, but all the links on your site do not work anymore, especially this: http://smedley.id.au/gtk-odin-svn-20130102.diff

Best regards
Michael

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2013, 01:13:13 am »
any news regarding gtk port? I do not want to seem impatient, but all the links on your site do not work anymore, especially this: http://smedley.id.au/gtk-odin-svn-20130102.diff

No news.  Since going back to work in early January, things have been absolutely flat out, leaving little to no time for anything OS/2 related. I have reinstated the diff you mention above onto my site, I must have been a little over zealous cleaning things up :)

Andy Willis

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2013, 04:46:58 pm »
I am hoping to be able to be able to build isomaster (allows manipulating ISO files, adding/removing files) but it is GTK based.  The library that does the ISO work builds fine on OS/2 but no GUI to make use of it.  So I was wondering if things had slowed down enough to have a chance to make any progress?

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2013, 05:41:45 pm »
Hi Andy

Would the isomaster ISO library work with a gui developed in WDSibyl - http://wdsibyl.org/ - or does it need the gtk gui?

Regards

Pete

Andy Willis

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2013, 09:20:02 pm »
Hi Andy
Would the isomaster ISO library work with a gui developed in WDSibyl - http://wdsibyl.org/ - or does it need the gtk gui?
Regards
Pete
It should work with any GUI developed for it... the trick is developing the GUI.  The library itself is standalone so is not dependent on GTK, but if GTK is available it is just a matter of building it as opposed to having to build the whole thing from scratch.  I have considered trying to create a GUI for it in with dwindows but it is a bit beyond my abilities at the present time.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2013, 07:27:13 am »
I am hoping to be able to be able to build isomaster (allows manipulating ISO files, adding/removing files) but it is GTK based.  The library that does the ISO work builds fine on OS/2 but no GUI to make use of it.  So I was wondering if things had slowed down enough to have a chance to make any progress?

Nope, no slow down yet.  I do have a 2 week vacation coming up due to a plant closedown - so perhaps in the second week of April I'll have some more time to try and get GTK functional.

Ben

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2013, 11:40:59 am »
Hello, Paul.

It has been a good while now, since this thread was updated.

Is it the GIMP port to OS/2 officially dead?

Just curious...