Author Topic: Gimp on OS/2  (Read 93034 times)

Joop

• View Profile
Re: Gimp on OS/2
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2012, 12:40:30 pm »
It should open a window with a gradient pattern in it.

It's possible it needs a new gdi32.dll - refer http://svn.netlabs.org/odin32/ticket/92 for the details on why
No, I get the tabpage with settings, whatever I do. Installed latest Odin, tried some Java 1.6 programs, that works, so Odin works.

Sigurd Fastenrath

• OS/2 Versus Hardware - Maximum Warp!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2012, 01:01:45 pm »
Great, Paul!

Do not miss the new year  ;) and all the bests for you and your family so to all the OS/2 - eCS users!

melf

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2012, 02:13:07 pm »
Yes, this is great and exiting. There are several interesting win programs that nearly works "out of the box" with Odin. Some years ago a version of Audacity was usable for editing sound files, however no sound. Also Abbyword is "nearly working". Would a port through Odin be a more "easy" way to make such programs work?

« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 02:16:01 pm by melf »

Joop

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2012, 05:27:39 pm »
Yes, this is great and exiting. There are several interesting win programs that nearly works "out of the box" with Odin. Some years ago a version of Audacity was usable for editing sound files, however no sound. Also Abbyword is "nearly working". Would a port through Odin be a more "easy" way to make such programs work?

It will take time for things with sound because we can't adjust the volume, everything I play through Java is distorted severely, recording isn't implemented in Odin. So Audacity is one of the things on the list.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2012, 08:42:00 pm »
It should open a window with a gradient pattern in it.

It's possible it needs a new gdi32.dll - refer http://svn.netlabs.org/odin32/ticket/92 for the details on why
No, I get the tabpage with settings, whatever I do. Installed latest Odin, tried some Java 1.6 programs, that works, so Odin works.

Do you have chkdll32 installed? try running it against the executable to see what DLL's it's using and what you are potentially missing

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2012, 08:43:24 pm »
Great, Paul!

Do not miss the new year  ;) and all the bests for you and your family so to all the OS/2 - eCS users!

We're not big on the whole New Year thing.  Partially as it's my wife's mother's birthday on New Years Day, so we don't want to be wasted for that :) Particularly as she is 80 today :)

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2012, 08:47:10 pm »

Glad the gradient works for you :) It's just a simple test, but at least showed cairo-win32 was working ok :)

Whether it's a port of using pe2lx of whatever its called, the same functions are going to get called.  The benefit of a port, is that sections of the code can be changed to use OS/2 api's instead of (or as well as) win32 api's.

It's kinda fun messing around with this, which is the whole reason I do ports at all :)

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2012, 08:48:38 pm »

It will take time for things with sound because we can't adjust the volume, everything I play through Java is distorted severely, recording isn't implemented in Odin. So Audacity is one of the things on the list.

http://svn.netlabs.org/odin32/ticket/85 may help with sound

Joop

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2012, 10:00:28 pm »
Get the feeling this is for uniaud and I don't use that.

Joop

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2012, 10:03:14 pm »
Do you have chkdll32 installed? try running it against the executable to see what DLL's it's using and what you are potentially missing
Were can I find that?, it isn't in the Odin directory.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2012, 10:31:00 pm »
Were can I find that?, it isn't in the Odin directory.
ftp://ftp.boulder.ibm.com/software/visualagecpp/tools/misc/os2/chkdll32.exe

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2012, 10:31:41 pm »

Not just for uniaud - libkai is used by mplayer too for all cards afaik

Joop

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2012, 11:04:40 pm »
Ah, something left, not all deleted there  ;D

After some try and error I get this;

Loading DLL 'GDI32' --> I:\ODIN\SYSTEM32\GDI32.DLL.
Unable to load procedure from GDI32 (file: I:\ODIN\SYSTEM32\GDI32.DLL)
Ordinal entry 259 could not be resolved.
DosQueryProcAddr returned: 182

and

Loading DLL 'libxml2' --> NOT loaded!
Unable to load DLL 'libxml2'.  DosLoadModule returned: 2
OS/2 reports 'LIBXML2' contributed to the failure.

Unbelievable what's needed, the list is almost endless. But I can't make anything from the two above. I did try this with Odin 0.7.1 and I got the same messages, so I switched to Odin 0.8.8, same output. Now the strange part.
Why can you run with some others run the program and I can't. Or I installed a wrong "Lib", I know there was a time that some were not okay, or there is still some missing in my path statements, but be honest, if so that would be weird.
All other system32\*.dll from Odin are found and loaded, so no problem with path or libpath. The "libxm12" doesn't ring a bell with me.

Joop

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2012, 11:10:19 pm »

Not just for uniaud - libkai is used by mplayer too for all cards afaik
There is only a uniaud.dll, the rest of the files are for compiling. Download everything and compile (trying  :o) myself, but then?

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2012, 11:44:37 pm »
Ah, something left, not all deleted there  ;D

After some try and error I get this;

Loading DLL 'GDI32' --> I:\ODIN\SYSTEM32\GDI32.DLL.
Unable to load procedure from GDI32 (file: I:\ODIN\SYSTEM32\GDI32.DLL)
Ordinal entry 259 could not be resolved.
DosQueryProcAddr returned: 182

and

Loading DLL 'libxml2' --> NOT loaded!
Unable to load DLL 'libxml2'.  DosLoadModule returned: 2
OS/2 reports 'LIBXML2' contributed to the failure.

Unbelievable what's needed, the list is almost endless. But I can't make anything from the two above. I did try this with Odin 0.7.1 and I got the same messages, so I switched to Odin 0.8.8, same output. Now the strange part.
Why can you run with some others run the program and I can't. Or I installed a wrong "Lib", I know there was a time that some were not okay, or there is still some missing in my path statements, but be honest, if so that would be weird.
All other system32\*.dll from Odin are found and loaded, so no problem with path or libpath. The "libxm12" doesn't ring a bell with me.

The gdi32 is the extra function I implemented. This one may not be fatal - hence it works for others.

libxml2 is the bigger issue here.  I normally statically link this, but I've been messing around with a DLL to try and fix a PHP issue.  You can find a copy that should work (from rpm) at http://smedley.id.au/libxml2.zip If people have rpm installed, they will have this DLL hence it may work for them.