Author Topic: Suggestion for OS/2 Hardware Manager display: placing USB devices under hub  (Read 5349 times)

Lars

• View Profile
Hallo,

I have created an experimental version of USBD.SYS that will place attached devices under the corresponding hub they are attached to instead of placing them under the host controller they are attached to.
I think that makes it easier to determine where a device is plugged in. For example, if you use an external USB hub you will see the attached devices under "USB Hub Device_x.y.z" instead of under the host controller the external USB hub is attached to.
I think this logic also better follows the Windows logic.

Would anyone want to try out ? Unfortunately it will not work with the AN stack yet so you will need to (temporarily) install my 10.220 stack. If people prefer this I will try and convince AN to put it in their USBD.SYS.
It's not a big change to USBD.SYS and my HWMAN.DLL extension will still show the proper device names without any change !

Lars

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Hi Lars.

I have interest to give it a try. Let me know how to get it.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

rbri

Would anyone want to try out ?

Yes i like to do it...

roberto

• View Profile
I want test it.
saludos

Laurenz Sommer

• View Profile
Me too.
I will send you an PM with my e-mail adress.

Laurenz

Lars

• View Profile
Looks like AN had about the same idea. I decided to include the change in my next set of USB drivers.